We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

River Road

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
So. Burlington, VT
Level Contributor
87 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
River Road

If I'm planning a day trip from NO to see some of the Plantations....

Should I take the River Road all the way up (does it go to Baton Rouge?) and along all the plantations. Should I hop on the Interstate to save time? I guess my question is whether the 70 miles of road is interesting in itself or whether I should just drive straight to the plantations the quickest way possible.

Thanks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
613 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: River Road

Don't take the river road. You will see ugly gas, oil and chemical plants. You can't see the river due the the high levee. It is curvy and runs through a lot of little towns. It is a waste of time.

My advice is to take I-10 to the Gramercy exit and head south to cross the river. Go to a town named Vacherie and see Laura Plantation and Oak Alley.

Porc

2. Re: River Road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 03:19