We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone an opinion on Coops Place?

Vancouver Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone an opinion on Coops Place?

I have been reading some good and bad reviews about Coops Place. I was just wondering if anybody else out there has had an experience eating there?? And to MSYbound I did read all the post so back off this time!!

New Orleans...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone an opinion on Coops Place?

Coop's has great food. It was the first place I ate when I returned home from evacuation. Just remember that it's kind of a dive bar.

Diane

New Orleans native

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone an opinion on Coops Place?

Just curious........where is Coops?

NY
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone an opinion on Coops Place?

I've never been there, but my friend raves about it.

Manzanita, Oregon
Level Contributor
775 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone an opinion on Coops Place?

Coop's Place is located at 1109 Decatur in the FQ a block from the French Market. and four blocks northly from Jachson Square. There is a review in Fodor's '07 NO guide.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone an opinion on Coops Place?

Coop's = good food, a huge menu, friendly staff, open from lunch 'til late, noisy bar, video poker, pool table, very casual, nothing fancy, locals hangout, & again good & inexpensive food. Enjoy!

Vancouver Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone an opinion on Coops Place?

I thank all who responded!! Is the rabbit and sausage jambalya as good as it sounds??

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone an opinion on Coops Place?

You're welcome. And yes, my husband has had the rabbit & sausage jambalaya & found it tasty.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,585 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone an opinion on Coops Place?

And another benefit from eating the great inexpensive food at Coop;s is...you can listen to the music from Jimmy Buffets' Margaritaville..

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
394 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone an opinion on Coops Place?

delmar60,

only eaten at Coop's once, and it was great, but after returning home found out that a friend of ours who goes to N.Orleans much more often than we do, eats there every time he's down there. that says something in itself. we had lunch there over N.Year's weekend and tried 2-3 different things. jambalaya was great, as was the friend shrimp & oysters. the best I've ever had and I don't even eat fried oysters all that much. definately on our radar from now on. we sat on the 2nd floor patio of J.Buffett's and watch the crowd file in all day long at Coop's. I'd found it by accident on the net, and decided to try. didn't regret at all. give it a shot!

10. Re: Has anyone an opinion on Coops Place?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 01:16