We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how early can I book in the Park?

Which Custer hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lexington, KY
Level Contributor
183 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
how early can I book in the Park?

We are planning a trip for next July (around the 4th), but the on-line booking for Custer State Park comes up "not available" regardless of what dates I enter. Am I trying to book too early, or am I already too late? Oh, I'm looking at Sylvan Lodge or Blue Bell cabins...

Rapid City, SD
Level Contributor
893 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: how early can I book in the Park?

I wouldn't be surprised if they are already full since the time around July 4th is pretty busy. The online reservations are new this year. So it could be possible that their booking system isn't working correctly, too. You might try calling them.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how early can I book in the Park?

I'd also suggest giving them a call-we booked over the phone when we stayed there 2 years ago and they were very nice and helpful. When we went we stayed mid-August and I think I booked our cabins in February or March but like Accomodator said, around the 4th of July may already be booked.

BTW, we stayed at Legion Lake and were very pleased. The 2 bedroom with kitchen was especially nice but the 1 room sleeping cabin served it's purpose just as well.

Mount Laurel, NJ
Level Contributor
946 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how early can I book in the Park?

We booked about 10 mos. to a year out as well - stayed at Blue Bell in a housekeeping cabin. We stayed in about 5 places during our trip and this was our favorite. Have a wonderful time. That area is just beautiful.

4. Re: how early can I book in the Park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 02:16