We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will you see roaming bison on Custer SP Lodge grounds?

Nebraska
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Topic
Will you see roaming bison on Custer SP Lodge grounds?

We are going in late August to Custer State Park and plan to spend two nights in a cabin in one of the Lodge areas, not sure which area in particular yet. Will I have the chance to see bison on the Lodge grounds at any of the Lodge locations (e.g. Sylvan Lake, Legion Lake, Blue Bell, Game Lodge, etc.)? One better than another in that respect?

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Will you see roaming bison on Custer SP Lodge grounds?

Well, I can tell you I was sitting on the swim beach at Legion Lake, behind the restaurant/lodge and right near the cabins when a large buffalo came over the knoll and headed straight for the beach (that cleared out everyone fairly quickly). :) Then it turned away from the beach and went up to the cabins. So, they're in that area for sure.

Edited: 06 May 2014, 01:50
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
683 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will you see roaming bison on Custer SP Lodge grounds?

You will quite often see buffalo at Game Lodge, Legion Lake and Blue Bell lodges, cabins and campgrounds. The only lodge you will not see them is Sylvan Lake Lodge.

3. Re: Will you see roaming bison on Custer SP Lodge grounds?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2015, 07:16