We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need some info about MAYRHOFEN

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
need some info about MAYRHOFEN

ello everyone,

I'm planning to spend 2 or 3 months in Mayrhofen and I want to ask you all who have been there for some advice on finding accomodation. I have tried to search on the internet but since I need accomodation for a longer period I'm having trouble to find something reasonably priced. Also, most landlords who use the internet to fill their apartments usually already have bookings and are not willing to rent it out for a longer period.

So, can you tell me if there are lots of new/recently built apartment buildings in Mayrhofen where finding an apartment while you are in the resort would be comparatively easy? I need a small apartment or a studio, but preferably self-catering one. What is a normal monthly price for a small apatment in Mayrhofen? What can a get with a budget of about 500 EUR/month? Please advise as I want to go there asap!! :)

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need some info about MAYRHOFEN

You pick a bad time to try to find an apartment for an extended period and especially at the price you wish.

Firstly you are in the ski season when any accomodation is at a premium.

Cheap accomodations are most probably first rented by seasonal workers in the town and then skiers.

Most owners would not consider renting now for a month or two when they can rent on a short term to vacationers and make much more money.

Some new construction but most are for purchase or rented on a long term basis as permanent homes.

If you are looking for work , some hotels and other places have workers accomodations to solve the problem and cost of any accomodation- This an example of the problems finding suitable and affordable lodging

Perhaps some of the cheap pensions may be willing to offer a discount for longer periods but again , these too are in demand and owners wish to maximize income during the ski season.

I would contact the tourist office for help

Be prepared to look at nearby villages for possibilities too.The tourist office would most likely know about them too.

Villages such as Hippach, Brandberg,

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: need some info about MAYRHOFEN

Actually, based on experience it IS a good time because if I find something that has not been rented for a season already, I would be able to negotiate a good price.

I'm mainly interested in newly built apartment houses where some apartments have been bought and owners do not usually rent them out, but if you approach them you can usually negotiate good price since they don't offer any hotel-like service anyway (and I dont need it so it works for me). I just need info about some new developments there who are probably half furnished, half empty right now and will stay like this till end of season. Any clues in this direction would be really appreciated.

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need some info about MAYRHOFEN

I would not agree with your reasoning and as you have not been successful thus far , I think this means something

Like other towns, Mayrhofen has strict planning and building requirementrs with limited land available for construction.

The land itself very expensive and much of it owned by just several families.

Thus construction is limited .

Your other alternatives more limited than you may imagine., short of making a personal visit.

I assume that you have not contacted the tourist office.

The area has a weekly newspaper- the Heimatstimme- you could get a copy and have a look for any ads or even place one for yourself.

I believe they may have a website- just google for it.

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: need some info about MAYRHOFEN

I have looked at the online version of Heimatstimme but the ads section doesn't seem to be updated at all. I would need to get a paper version but this would only be possible when I get there.

I just need to get as much info as possible prior to getting there. I know that a personal visit is the best way to find accomodation and based on my experience with ski resorts, the greatest offers are found in new apartment buildings. However, it seems like Mayrhofen is a town with limited new construction so I will probably have a look at the nearby villages.

5. Re: need some info about MAYRHOFEN

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Mayrhofen
Recent Conversations