We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiing in June?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Skiing in June?

I am staying in Mayrhofen in mid-june. I would love to ski at Hintertux but have only had five days of lessons earlier in the year so I'm still a beginner.

Will I be able able to ski Hintertuk or is it for more experienced skiiers only?

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skiing in June?

Generally Hintertux is for more experienced skiers but some easy skiing terrain can be found.

Firstly only consider going there on a good weather day- take a good sunscreen and adequate sun glasses or googles. The combination of sun and snow particulary then can quicjkly cause heavy sunburn anf glare Try to arrive early as the best snow is found before temperatures rise too much.

A trip up even if not skiing is great with fine sun terraces, restaurants and fine views.

No idea of your expertise after 5 days of lessons - go to the mid station first the Sommerberg area - hopefully still some good snow there and easy runs

Tuxerjoch lift I think-

venturing further up to the Tuxer Ferner Haus - have a look to the terrain up and to the right to see if this suits your ability- not hard and easy blue runs in some areas - keep only to the marked runs.

If the skiing is not for you still a great place to relax in the sun and absorb the atmosphere. You will find many just in their beach chairs.

2. Re: Skiing in June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2010, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Mayrhofen
Recent Conversations