We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from Mayrhofen to Prague

Which Mayrhofen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling from Mayrhofen to Prague

Need some advice. What s the fastest and economical way to travel from Mayrhofen to Prague. How long foes the travel take?

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling from Mayrhofen to Prague

Check the train schedules

www.oebb.at

also the discounted Sparschiene ticket that is available with info regarding it available on this website.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling from Mayrhofen to Prague

Thank you Sir!!

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
21,353 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling from Mayrhofen to Prague

That's a long journey! Isn't there a place in between you would be interested in? What about Munich, Salzburg or Vienna?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling from Mayrhofen to Prague

I will arrive Prague on 3rd July, then on 6th July i plan to take the train from Prague to Vienna, which i have found out it will take about 4hrs by train.

Then from Vienna, i have also checked that theres a train to Mayrhofen. OR another option is that i can drive to Marhofen. i believe the journey from Vienna to Mayrhofen takes about 6 hours by train or by car?? Correct me if i am wrong.

Only problem is... i am flying back to Kuala Lumpur on 13 July from Prague. So thats why i thought, after spending 3 nights in Mayrhofen.. i will take the overnight train to Prague, arrive in Prague on 13 july and straight to the airport (my flight is at 2pm on 13)

That is my plan for my travel so far. Prague-Vienna-Mayrhofen-Prague ... in 10 days!! Uness you have any better suggestion :-)

Thanks.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling from Mayrhofen to Prague

Owh..1 more thing. Do you think it would be nice to rent a car and drive from Vienna to Mayrhofen?

Thanks.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
21,353 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling from Mayrhofen to Prague

Don't you visit Salzburg, do you?

Mayrhofen is easily reachable by train, therefore renting a car is not necessary. Furthermore, oneway rentals are usually subject to a steep fee, so stick to the train which is very comfortable.

7. Re: Traveling from Mayrhofen to Prague

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2010, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Mayrhofen