We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crystal Ski Zell am See - review

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
135 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Crystal Ski Zell am See - review

Hi Guys

Before I booked my trip with Crtystal Ski I was unable to find a review that wasn't a total rant so I thought I would write up a short piece. Hopefully some people will find it useful when booking a holiday with them.

tl;dr: I'm a happy customer and would recommend them ;-)

Transfers were sorted both ways bus+taxi to and from accommodation. We went for an apartment rather than a hotel as we like to have our own kitchen. "Budget" choice was actually a pleasant surprise - very spacious app in good location with fully equipped kitchen (Appartmenthaus Tirolerheim)

One problem we had, with all the stuff that was provided they failed to leave us any soap/toilet paper which can get you stuck on the first day ;-)

Rental was top grade for that price so no complains here.

Board training was done in a group and just as expected ski pass was only for 4 days. One downfall was that instructor wanted to spend extra day on the mountain which cost everyone 50-60 euro as we didn't have a valid ski pass ;-)

Now reps themselves, I have seen tons of negative reviews so it was a bit of a concern. for us it worked out really well. Upon arrival we have find out that our swipecards don't work (no front desk or on site staff) we rang one of the reps and 10 min later someone drove to get us a new set of keys.

During the entire stay they have sent us txt messages with updates and info required for meeting up with ski school, getting a return bus etc.

Activities - I cannot comment on that as we spent most of the time on our own.

Overall good value for money and helpful reps which is the most important thing when you are away.

Hoe someone finds this info useful when looking to book their holidays in Zell am See.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crystal Ski Zell am See - review

We stayed in July/August. Apart from a lack of basic maintenance (leaking plumbing, numerous blown lights, loose toilet seat, collapsing shower) due to indifferent property management, the apartment was very spacious and (if you get a bus pass) not too inconvenient, although it is a 45 minute round trip to town if you half run, half jog.

Main problem was a huge family of what can only be described as Saudi trailer trash upstairs whose children rampaged until 2am. The soundproofing is very poor. In contrast, the Saudis next door were charming and quiet. Zell am See is over-run with Arabs from Saudi and Dubai in summer - the people next door said they came for the cooler weather, ironically in the week of record high temperatures for Austria (40.6 deg C). Burkas in the snow are rather incongruous.

Crystal give no information on exact location before booking, but it's at 68 Schmittenstrasse, about a mile up the hill. More convenient for the Schmitten cable cars than the town, really.

2. Re: Crystal Ski Zell am See - review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2014, 05:16