We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memmingen airport to Zell am See

ireland
Level Contributor
51 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Memmingen airport to Zell am See

Hi, flying into Memmingen airport in July to join extended family in Zell.

We will already have a hire car in Zell as rest of party will already be there. I need a one way transfer to Zell from the airport. I know Zell quite well having reached it via Salzburg and Munich airports in the past but i dont want to ask my wife to drive to Memmingen to collect me nor do i want to hire a second car. I am quite happy taking trains, bus etc. Has anybody ever done it or know how to do it? i arrive into Memmingen around midday so time is on my side. Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Salzburg
Salzburg
Salzburg Region, Austria
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
24,802 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Memmingen airport to Zell am See

Check on the website of Memmingen Airport how to get to the next town with rail access, then check train connections on www.bahn.de or www.oebb.at/en to Zell am See.

ireland
Level Contributor
51 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Memmingen airport to Zell am See

Thanks Mikey, I am already looking up the trains and there are a few options available. 1. Take a bus straight from the airport to Munich but it doesn't say where the drop off is in Munich. Followed by a train to Zell via Salzburg. 2. Take a short bus ride from the airport to Memmingen railway station and take the train via Buchloe and Salzburg to Zell am See.

I am hoping somebody has actually done this journey so can advise through their own experience. I appreciate your reply though as it's not easy getting to the Salzburg area from Ireland outside of ski season.

Mentioned in this post
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Salzburg
Salzburg
Salzburg Region, Austria
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Memmingen airport to Zell am See

You could get the local bus to the Memmingen central bus station (ZOB) and then pick up a train.

Depending on when your flight arrives it's going to be multiple changes and 6 - 7 hours travel.

Most simple route bus to local station then a Euro city to Munich then a Euro city to Wörg then a S bahn to Zell.

Bus to Munich

www.allgaeu-airport-express.de/index.php…

Click on bus stop and it shows you where it goes

Edited: 29 May 2014, 17:03
Mentioned in this post
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Memmingen airport to Zell am See

www.db.de (German Rail) tells you that the traintrip from Memmingen Station to Zell am See takes -quickest- 4.02 hours

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Memmingen airport to Zell am See

One opportunity a day at 4.02. Most 5 hours or more. So it all comes down to flight arrival time.

6. Re: Memmingen airport to Zell am See

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 06:16