We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Town facilities

Which Niederau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cleveland
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Town facilities

Does anyone know if there is a laundrette, chemist and supermarket in the town?

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Town facilities

search under the area website

www.wildschoenau.at

good information .

A Spar supermarket in Niederau, a chemist.

look under A to Z for services available info- some areas in english too

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Town facilities

Wouldn't really describe it as a supermarket,more a minimarket just before the T junction at the head of the village-you couldn't call it a town.Very few shopping facilities in Niederau.Best to get the local bus into Worgl where there is excellent shopping.Don't remember seeing a laundrette so I doubt it.Very quiet village (in summer when I was there on a walking holiday).Whatever you do,avoid Hotel Vicky.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
681 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Town facilities

I agree with previous reply - we were in Neiderau 2 years ago in late June and the place was quiet as the grave. There are 2 or 3 supermarkets - the biggest one is about 5 mins walk along the road to Oberau and has a good range of most items. Can't remember seeing a dedicated pharmacy, but there were medical items in the supermarket. Definately no launderette! There weren't even many cafes open when we were there, but a good place for a drink in the day is the front patio area of the Harfenwirt - about 5-10 mins walk on the main road in the opposite direction to Oberau - they paracend from the mountain opposite and the landing area is in the field opposite the hotel - we sat there for hours with a beer watching the learners!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Town facilities

Yes you're right I forgot about the larger supermarket on the edge of town towards Oberau.In case you hadn't detected I wasn't over-impressed with Niederau as a summer destination.Much prefer the likes of Ellmau and Soll in the SkiWelt area and St Johann.Getting around is so much easier from there as well and there is more going on.Each to his own.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
681 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Town facilities

Agree with you WirralScouse. Apart from the mountain Neiderau was a dreadful summer place. Zell am See, Kitzbuhel and St Johann all offered great facilities with easy transport links to the rest of the country. That was my other niggle with neiderau - to get anywhere out of the valley you had to get to Worgl which is a half hour bus ride away, and coordinate that with ongoing trains. It really adds to the length of your day.

vienna
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Town facilities

I really do not agree with the assessment above. It solely depends on your wishes for a vacation.I assume that you picked this area for reasons of your own and it satisfies your needs. I would not let the comments shown here deter you.

If you wish a nice relaxing vacation in nice mountains and activities , nothing is wrong with this area.

I prefer to get away in a quiet environment at times and enjoy those things a village and places nearby can provide.

I should note that the posters not knowing the Spar market display their limited knowledge. The Spar, is a regular branch of this major supermarket chain.

This is not a mini mart and one should find most all things found in a major chain facility.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Town facilities

No problem with your opinions Beppo 7.Each to his own opinions I say.The large supermarket on the road out to Oberau is not a Spar.

vienna
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Town facilities

I suggest that you contact the firm Spar and tell them that they do not have a market in Niedreau.

They seem to believe that they have a market at #322,open Monday -Friday 7:30- 18:30 and Saturday 7:30 - 17:00

The market also has a bankomat service.

But perhaps you know more than the firm.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Town facilities

Thank you beppo.I didn't say Spar didn't have an outlet in Niederau.I think theirs is at the T junction in the village centre.I said the large supermarket on the road out to Oberau wasn't a Spar.But I could well be wrong as it is a few years (3) since I was there.But thanks for putting me right.

vienna
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Town facilities

I should also advise that a M-Preis supermarket exists too at # 385.

Thus the original poster has good choices.

This is a successful Tyrolean, family owned firm with 150-200 supermarkets. It is well known for good prices and their most innovative architectural styles, with each store to be different.

Get answers to your questions about Niederau
Recent Conversations