We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to do in june?

Which Niederau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
newcastle england
Level Contributor
92 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
what to do in june?

i am going to niederau stopping at ,Hotel Austria, at beginning of June. we are 2 ladies in our late 50's, what is there to do locally, day and night.

3 replies to this topic
vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what to do in june?

Look here

www.wildschoenau.com

The town should be relatively quiet - not full summer vacation time yet.

weather ? - who can tell

recently very warm for the time of year - can not rely that much on prior records it seems --

best guess -expect generally mild sunny days cool nights.

if going into higher altitudes expect much cooler temperatures.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
681 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to do in june?

Ummmm.... The previous reply that the town will be relatively quiet is possibly an understatement. We were there a couple of years ago at the end of June and it was VERY quiet. There were only a couple of bars open and little of the pavement culture that is so appealing in many Austrain villages.

The Austria is in an excellent location very near to the cable car station. We ate there once and it seemed a nice, traditional hotel.

What to do? Presumably in the day you'll be walking - there are several good walks from the top of the cable car - I can't remember the route numbers now but they cater for all levels. There's a pleasant stroll along the valley to Oberau - if you go on a Sunday you may see the local band and residents going to church. The walk is only a couple of miles - ordinary shoes are fine - and there are a small number of bars in Oberau.

It's worth catching the local bus to a ravine - can't remember what it's called. Pleasant walk through a ravine - again easy going with a cafe half way along.

I also enjoyed going on the little free train that runs on a Saturday I think to a bar a couple of miles away where they have an oompah band. It was really crowded and we only stayed for a short while but we then walked back down to Neiderau which was a lovely walk across the meadows.

You can get a train but it's a long winded performance - you get a bus to Worgl then a train from there.

The nicest place we found to sit to have a coffee in the afternoon was on the front patio of the Harfenwert Hotel - they parascend down from the mountain and its fastinating watching them.

To do in the evening? Have an early night.

Have a great holiday!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what to do in june?

I too found Niederau quieter than other Austrian villages in Tirol in summertime.You can get a book with a list of local walks at the village shop (not the supermarket) just a short walk from Hotel Austria.I went on 2 of them and they were well described in English.You can go up the chairlift by the hotel and at the top there is a mountain restaurant and a small wildlife park as well as a network of numbered altitude walks as advised previously.There is another lift at Oberau which is 2 stage and goes higher than that in Niederau.

Service bus to Worgl where there is lots more going on.

Reply to: what to do in june?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Niederau
Recent Conversations