We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Anton vs. Saalbach/Hinterglemm

2 posts
Save Topic
St Anton vs. Saalbach/Hinterglemm

I'm looking at a ski holiday for my partner and I in January for a week and we are just trying to work out which is a better option Saalbach/Hinterglemm or St Anton am Arlberg?

We want a ski in ski out experience, but also want to be in close proximity to bars.

Any suggestions?

Vienna
Level Contributor
4,698 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Anton vs. Saalbach/Hinterglemm

Both are very lively places with many bars. St. Anton is much higher up and has more challenging pistes but Saalbach also offers 40+ lifts.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Anton vs. Saalbach/Hinterglemm

This question was on the forum just a few days ago, with a couple of anwers, and no reaction by the OP.

Why?

Soll, Austria
Level Contributor
4 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Anton vs. Saalbach/Hinterglemm

Both resorts are great,

St Anton has lots of testing ski-runs, is quite expensive and is popular with Americans, Australians, Russians & experienced British skiers, whereas Saalbach, a cheaper and less sophisticated resort, is frequented by Dutch, Scandinavians, British and others who are for the most part not black-run skiers. Both have a big choice of excellent hotels and both have an excellent ski-resort atmosphere. If you are looking for challenging skiing and top quality and money is no object, choose St Anton. If you are happy with something more casual, less expensive and a bit noisier, choose Saalbach.

4. Re: St Anton vs. Saalbach/Hinterglemm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about St. Anton am Arlberg