We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to italy

Which Westendorf hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wakefield, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
getting to italy

Has anyone any experience of going from Attersee area to Italy? I need to get to Pescara, have looked at renting a car one way austria to italy (mad prices) flights from vienna or salzburg - no direct connections to pescara or ancona, and train also seems complicated. Any help gratefully received!

3 replies to this topic
Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
21,372 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting to italy

Well, what did you expect? You intend to travel from a rural area to a rather small city in Italy? Either take the train and deal with the transfers or fly to Rome from Vienna (www.flyniki.com).

Yaxley, Suffolk
Level Contributor
608 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting to italy

Well, hire car would be the obvious choice for this journey.

If you fly you will either have to go from Vienna (as Mikey has said) or Munich to Rome. Both these airports are at least 100 miles from the Attersee area so you need to consider how to get to the airports. Then Pescara is also at least 100 miles from Rme so you also need to consider how to get there from Rome airport.

I'm sure you could do it via train but I suspect it will be longer than a car journey

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
9,715 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting to italy

Well you can either start early in the morning with a bus from Attersee at 06:17 to Vöcklabruck and 3 trains (2 changes in Rosenheim and Bologna)arriving Pescara at 20:49 www.oebb.at or split it up into 2 days travel

Reply to: getting to italy
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Westendorf