We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski operator from Munich to westendorf

Which Westendorf hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Ski operator from Munich to westendorf

Hi I am looking for a convenient way to get from Munich airport to Westendorf and was hoping I could catch a ride on a ski holiday operator transfer coach but don't know any making the journey

Can anyone advise? I can pay of course

Thanks! It's for me and my 2 children for mid Feb

Louise

4 replies to this topic
Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
9,423 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ski operator from Munich to westendorf

Your EXACT dates and times for both Arrival and Departure are highly important.

Also EXACT ages of the kids.

For holiday operator transfers I would suggest you contact somebody like Thomsonski, Crystal etc to see what they actually do. They may fly into Munich or they may fly into Innsbruck. If the latter obviously they won't have any transfers.

If nothing comes up it can be done by train in 3 hours and 2 changes (sometimes 3) but depends on your EXACT itinerary.

e.g. If the kids 6-14 they can with rail booking sometimes travel for free.

A standard fare from Munich Airport to Westendorf in Tirol is €38.50 with best changes (2 of) at Munich Ost and Wörgl.

Even with the kids booked on the same ticket with seat reservations on the Munich - Wörgl intercity price was only €46.50 German National rail www.bahn.de

HOWEVER if you book on Austrian rail www.oebb.at they actually have tickets "sparscheine" special advance booking for Munich Airport to Westendorf in Tirol "in February" for €19 !!! including the kids.

That is also using the direct Intercity service from Munich Ost to Wörgl

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ski operator from Munich to westendorf

Don't know i this is too late but Stefan's Taxis run a service twice a day from Munich airport to Westendorf. http://www.westendorf.net/westendorftaxi/ We have used his service as well as the train and I would recommend the service. Actually it soesn't work out that much more expensive and the convenience outweighs any difference in price! They drop you at you at your door and pick you up on your return.

Hope this is of some help.

Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ski operator from Munich to westendorf

have you looked at stefans taxi based in westendrof, they run taxi too and from munich airport

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
16,896 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ski operator from Munich to westendorf

i think you will find that the op was enquiring about the transfer FOUR years ago ! i trust that they ave arrived by now.

Reply to: Ski operator from Munich to westendorf
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Westendorf