We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

croatia and bosnia

england
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
croatia and bosnia

hi are tensions between croatia and bosnia still hard . or has peace been restored to all yugoslav people .... i would like to know as i am crossing from split to bosnia thank you

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
46,130 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: croatia and bosnia

You will be fine and should have no worries!

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
290 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: croatia and bosnia

I am driving from Split up to Sarajevo at the end of May. Because I have already driven the Adriatic coast route and up the Neretva valley I plan to drive through the Bosnian mountains via Travnik.

While I currently anticipate no problems, I have been advised to have a back-up plan, because there are going to be elections in Bosnia in October - yes, several months off I know, but I have been advised by a Sarajevo resident that the political situation is a little tricky at the moment, and in the run-up to the elections could become more so.

I think it best to be aware of these things so just bear it in mind, and should things change then have a back-up plan.

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
697 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: croatia and bosnia

As Barry said you should all be fine, having said that we are in good relations with neighbouring countries and the tourism is flowing from Croatia to both Montenegro and Bosnia Herzegovina for several years now. Of course we can't predict what will happen in the future and you should always get informed in time about the area where you are travelling. It is a beautiful country which you are visiting with a strange blend of different cultures, I hope you will enjoy it. Cheers.

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: croatia and bosnia

Hello, discodave 27!

Security situation in Bosnia and Herzegovina during the elections is not worse than usual.

Do not worry, come and enjoy both Croatia and B&H!

Welcome!

Jadranka,

Sarajevo

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: croatia and bosnia

Enjoy your trip and as a mandatory, get yourself good Turkish coffee in Travnik, near Plava Voda (Blue Water) spring.

6. Re: croatia and bosnia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2010, 05:16