We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BOL or Supetar??!!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
BOL or Supetar??!!

See earlier post.....Sorry all.....I meant to ask Bol or Supetar?!! Thanks

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
37,072 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BOL or Supetar??!!

What are your interests?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: BOL or Supetar??!!

I'm going with my 2 teenage children so will need to keep all satisfied. I have found lovely accommodation in both which is within 10 mins walking to town and main beaches but I also want somewhere with easy (walking) access to more secluded beaches, somewhere with good transport links to other spots on the island, and with enough activities for the teens. If I was going on my own I would pick somewhere like Milna, but think that may be too quiet for the teens who will want a bit more activity, and may start annoying me if they get bored!! They are 15 and 17 so we're not really looking for nightclubs though!!

Thank You

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,642 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BOL or Supetar??!!

the teenagers would likely prefer Bol as it has a very lively beach life. There are however quieter beaches than Zlatni Rat, round by the monastery. as Bol is so popular it does have good transport links - certainly to Supetar and from there you can access everywhere else. I have always been pleasantly impressed by the bus service on Brac.

Supetar is also quite lively and does have great access to lots of places including visits to Split for the day.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
37,072 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BOL or Supetar??!!

With teenagers I would also say Bol.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: BOL or Supetar??!!

Thanks Jude and Barry.....

What do you mean by lively beach life??!! We will have spent 5 nights just outside Split as base to visit Nat park, Split, trogir, omis etc so am thinking this will be a quieter beach half of the holiday

the beaches near the monastry look lovely..are they within walking distance??

thanks all for your ideas!!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
37,072 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BOL or Supetar??!!

I think lively beach life means that Zlatni Rat will be crowded with people enjoying the water and sun. There are also things to do there such as windsurfing that the kids might enjoy.

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,022 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BOL or Supetar??!!

I doubt it will be easy to find any stretch of beach anywhere in the country that is not crowded in August, but I hope you will let us know if you do!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: BOL or Supetar??!!

Ha...yes, I probably am hoping to find the impossible-beautiful excluded beach within walking distance of nice town when the sun is out and the sea is warm, with the odd discreet sporting fun for the teens..if I find it, Luv, I'll definitely let you know!!!!

I suppose I'm just worried Bol will be too touristy...we usually spend summers camping in the UK and keep any holidays abroad for quieter seasons. What do people think??

Thanks all!!

9. Re: BOL or Supetar??!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 15:18
Get answers to your questions about Brac Island