We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lopud Facilities

Which Lopud hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Lopud Facilities

We're travelling to Lopud in a few days and wanted to find out exactly what facilities are on the island, especially shops and restaurants. As a family of four staying in a self catering cottage, we're wondering how often we might need to go back to the mainland. Any views??

Ireland
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lopud Facilities

Hi, you are sooo lucky to be going to Lopud - its a beautiful island - we were there last year and the year before. There are two very very small shops on the island that sell food etc. but there isnt a great choice - also once the bread is sold out then thats it until the next day when the boat brings supplies. A lady sells lovely fresh fruit on the pier most days. There are about 5 restaurants on the island so you wont starve !! You could go back over to Dubrovnik on the boat for supplies - there is a big supermarket in Dubrovnik to the left as the boat pulls in.

Happy hols.

Ger

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lopud Facilities

Thanks for the useful advice,we're certainly looking forward to it. We stayed in Cavtat some years ago but have never been to Lopud.

san francisco
Level Contributor
543 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lopud Facilities

There are several very good restaurants on Lopud -- Croatian food is great, though not particularly cheap.

For self-catering, every day there are old ladies selling crates of fruit and veggies where the ferries dock. I don't believe the shops on Lopid sell fresh meat.

There are ferries every day to and from the port of Gruz, where there is an impressive farmer's market and several butcher shops that will take care of your self-catering needs. The ferry takes less than an hour and is a beautiful ride in itself.

We had our honeymoon on Lopud last year -- excellent choice of destination!

Solihull
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lopud Facilities

Hi,

I hope you don't mind me asking but I was wondering how you found Lopud Island? My partner and I are thinking of visiting there in July as it looks beautiful, but it seems so different to anywhere we have visited before so we are a little apprehensive!

We are looking into staying at Lafodia Hotel, which reopens in June after a complete renovation, so I haven't been able to find any up to date reviews. I am also struggling to find any info on what is in the village.

Any info/advice you could give would be much appreciated!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lopud Facilities

We loved Lopud and had a great holiday. Perfect weather, beautiful scenery, kids can run around as there are no cars - and fantastic sunsets!

It can get busy with day trippers from Dubrovnik, but really it's about as unspoilt as a place can be these days.

There's a small shop in the island, but it's easy enough to stock up in Dubrovnik. When you get off the boat in Dubrovnik, turn left and there's a big supermarket about five minutes walk away.

There's a decent enough selection of restaurants on the island, we really liked Peggy's.

They were rebuilding the Lafodia last year and upgrading it to a luxury hotel, with talk of adding a small supermarket, but I don't know what the progress is on that.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it if you choose to go!

Edited: 22 January 2011, 19:22
Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lopud Facilities

Hotel Lafodia is re-opening 4th of June, it will be a lovely hotel. The rooms looks fantastic and every room have seaview. Hotel Lafodia will this year have a small shop inside the hotel, the plan is to make a bigger shop and bakery on the island, but I guess not this year.

It the small village you have several restaurants:

Konoba Peggy (very nice and tradisional)

Konoba Obala (excellent food, a bit more expensive)

Villa Vilina hotel (great restaurant on the teracce, amazing view)

Konoba Dubrovnik (great, but a bit expensive)

Konoba Barbara (nice)

Hotelø Glavovic: nice terracce, food could be better also the service

Pizza Elaphis: very nice, great people

Snack bar Nikita: Pizza and snack, ok

Cafe bar Adriana: nice for drinks

Also another bar, can remeber the name (next to Pizza Elaphis)

Palma Ice cream bar: lovely homemade ice - the best in Croatia!

On the other side of Lopud were the lovely beach Sunj is you find to places as well:

Konoba Raskji Kutak: homemade food, very good price, ask for the todays dish. Dusko the owner is great!

Fast food LDM: have the best sandwiches on the island!

There is one small shop on Lopud. They have the things you need, be earlie to get bread. Food for dinner you rather buy in Dubrovnik harbour Gruz, there is a big supermarked (Konzum) close by, and also a nice marked.

Hotel Lafodia will offer several activites and exursions this year, this can be booked on the spot. Lopudreiser in Norway are experts on Lopud and cooperate with every hotel and privat house on the island and can help you with a place to stay and things to do.

You can look forward to a nice stay on Lopud, on facebook you can see more than 700 pitcures, small movies and get more info about the island on the groups Lopud and Lopudreiser. I know all this since I spend 3-4 months on Lopud every year.

Solihull
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Lopud Facilities

Apologies for not responding to your messages. I have just come back to this forum to do some more research, and saw your messages!

We ended up booking Lafodia Hotel on Lopud Island and are going at the end of July. The renovation has now been completed and it looks lovely. I keep checking to see whether anyone has stayed there since it re-opened on 4 June and posted a review, but the latest review is still January 2010.

We're getting very excited now, just hoping it lives up to expectation as it's a very different kind of holiday for us! :)

8. Re: Lopud Facilities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Lopud