We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outrigger Keauhuo Beach Resort

Alaska
13 posts
Save Topic
Outrigger Keauhuo Beach Resort

Anyone have experience with this place in the last year. Looks like a great location for a few days..... however I read a few reviews claiming it was a little rundown in the roooms.

Thanks!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
399 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outrigger Keauhuo Beach Resort

We've stayed there a few times, the reviews are pretty accurate.

Beautiful grounds, not so beautiful rooms. Most all the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful.

Los Angeles
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Outrigger Keauhuo Beach Resort

Are the beds comfortable here?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
399 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outrigger Keauhuo Beach Resort

We've stayed there four or five times, including last month.

The bed quality has always been fine, the only problem was a year ago when they gave us a room with double beds rather than the KS we requested. They told us bed size is a "request", but not guaranteed.

sydney Australia
Level Contributor
875 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Outrigger Keauhuo Beach Resort

we stayed here in January. the rooms are ok. the corridors look a bit dated and the carpets are worn.

BUT who lies on the corridor carpets? the people are the best and so helpful. they dont even insist on a tip when they get your car on valet parking.

the one problem is the bed issue. we booked a ocean front king bed, and when we arrived there was not one available. they do say on request. we were given a choice of paying for an upgrade to the top grade, or a room with twin beds. however there was also a disabled room. we took that one. it had a bath as well as a shower, and grab handles in the bath. this turned out to be a bonus. there was also a low wardrobe haging, and they made sure we inspected the room before we said yes.

i would have asked for a free upgrade but our room was already a deal where you book a ocean view, get the ocean front which then included breakfast, so we didnt feel we had the grounds to ask for anther upgrade.

i cannot stress enough how wonderful the staff are. everyone i encountered was helpful, pleasant and went out of their way to assist.

the grounds are so peaceful, and the snorkelling beach is right there.

5. Re: Outrigger Keauhuo Beach Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 06:23