We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kona Village - Remembering When- Details

sacramento
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Kona Village - Remembering When- Details

I just received an email from KVR outlining the details of the Remembering When Week in May. This will be a special celebration of the good people work, worked and vacationed there. It should be great fun. I see you there.

Bill

<<"Remember When"

With 43 years of guests, stories, and friendships .Kona Village is having a reunion bringing together past guests, former and current staffers during the "Remember When" Celebration scheduled for May 6 - 13.

The program will celebrate the stories, images, history and friendships that h,ave been formed over the four decades of the Kona Village's history on Kahuwai Bay.

All will share special moments in time, reminiscing and remembering through participative "Talk Story" sessions, a guest participation Hukilau, historical tours, activities and the telling of legends related to the Village will be shared.

We have not receive the scheduled activities for that week yet , but when I do get it, I will let you know.

The rates for two adults are as follows ;

Royal Category with a 7th Night Free - Guests with a minimum of 7 nights of accommodation will be provided the 7th night free (room portion, FAP will apply). This will apply over the dates of the program. Specific Hale / Units may be requested with the 7 night reservation subject to availability at the time of booking. So the earlier a guest reserves their dates the greater the likelihood that their preferred hale will be available for them.

OR

Run of the Village with 5th Night Free - For $610 per night for two guests a "Run of The Village" Hale will be assigned. In addition to the value of the rate, a 5th night free will be provided (applies to the room portion only, FAP applies). No guarantee on category, but it is intended to start with the Deluxe categories (not applicable to the Royal Category) and work backward toward the Standard Hale.

All packages are subject to a tax of 4.166% and 7.25% room tax, pricing and inclusions are subject to change without notice.>>

Big Island Duck Adventures
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Duck Tours, Boat Tours
Epic! Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Gray Line - Polynesian Adventure Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Paradise, California
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kona Village - Remembering When- Details

Thanks, Bill. I'm going to try to be there...

David

Texas
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kona Village - Remembering When- Details

I know they are going through a major renovation this September and will be closed for awhile. Now, I read this post. Is it not going to be the same Kona Village when it reopens?

sacramento
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kona Village - Remembering When- Details

TfT I wish I had the answers, but as of today, I don't even know if they are closing for renovation in September.

My understanding is that it will be kona village as we know it, but anything can happen. Whether we will be able to afford the new and improved version is another question.

This celebration really has nothing to do with the closing, it is more an celebration of the past. It's an acknowledgment that reason KVR is so cool lies in the past and the vision some people had. I understand that many of the past management teams will be there. It should be fun.

Bil

Paradise, California
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kona Village - Remembering When- Details

TFT, everybody there understands the need to keep the same ambience. As I understand it, they are going to build 25 new hale, and take care of a bunch of termite problems in the rest. Also there is a lot of infrastructure stuff to be done that will involve jack hammering through the lava. But they know they can't turn it into a 4S without losing all of us old timers.

David

Texas
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kona Village - Remembering When- Details

Thanks for the info. I would be very sad if it were to go!

sacramento
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kona Village - Remembering When- Details

In addition the Bishop Trust will not allow them to turn it into a 4S.

7. Re: Kona Village - Remembering When- Details

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 22:20
Get answers to your questions about Kailua-Kona