We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fishing partners

Which Kailua-Kona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
grande prairie ab
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
fishing partners

my wife and i are going to the big island on jan11/2010-jan22/2010.looking for another couple,or just the husband,who is interested in going fishing to share the cost.im really interested in renting a boat in kona and going out.i do have some offshore experience on vancouver island fishing for salmon/halibut.thanks everyone scott in alberta canada

Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
4,236 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fishing partners

Have you contacted any of the captains of the charters and shared your desire for a partner? They may be approached by someone like you and it might be a good idea to let them know you are willing.

grande prairie ab
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fishing partners

no i have not,there only seemds to be one or two that do shared charters,the rest dont set that up,and actually i would like to rent a boat from kona boat retals and go myself.

Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
4,236 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fishing partners

Well you have some time.. every few weeks "bump" this up with a reminder that you are still looking and think about putting a notice on Craigs list Hawaii.

grande prairie ab
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fishing partners

thanks, good idea.

Bracebridge, Ontario
Level Contributor
702 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fishing partners

You could also try searching for past posts that are similar and see if anyone is returning. I have found a lot of visitors are repeats and those who fish also tend to repeat.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: fishing partners

My husband and I are also going the same time frame and also interested in doing some fishing, we have no experience fishing on the ocean but we love fishing. Not sure about renting a boat? but would consider a shared charter, depending on the cost?

Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
4,236 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: fishing partners

jangaj you should send a PM (email) to rotormec!

Just click on rotormec's name and it will take you to a page to do that.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
306 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: fishing partners

Try this link here:

http://www.konaboatrentals.com/fishing.html

They seem to have a decent web page. They don't mention price but I'm sure they'll let you know.

Hawaii Island
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: fishing partners

Give Captain Robert a call at Camelot sportfishing. I think they do shared charters once a week. Fishing Kona's waters is serious business with the potential to hook into something really big. Always good to have someone who knows how to land a big marlin or ahi aboard.

Kona Boat rentals are great if you want to just spend the day or morning cruising, whale watching, and snorkeling. I'd definitely recommend a charter, though, if you're serious about fishing.

10. Re: fishing partners

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2010, 06:22