We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need best lillikoi cheescake in and around Kailua-'kona

Powell River, Canada
Level Contributor
136 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Need best lillikoi cheescake in and around Kailua-'kona

My girlfriend and I were over in Hilo 2 days ago and had Lillikoi cheescake at Cafe Pesta. It was to die for. Today we went all the way up to Kawaihae to the other Cafe Pesto in hopes of finding the same cheescake. It didn't exist at that one. Please is there another place that may equal the cheescake we had in Hilo. Thanks for your help. We will be leaving the area in 4 days.

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need best lillikoi cheescake in and around Kailua-'kona

It's your lucky day! Hop in your car and drive to Cafe Epicurious in Honaunau. (Going South it's about 30 minutes from Kona, just before the Middle Keei Road.) They make a pretty good one. You can also get Lilikoi Cheesecake at the Fish Hopper restaurant in Kona.

Canada
Level Contributor
9,168 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need best lillikoi cheescake in and around Kailua-'kona

If you want to sample a fabulous Lilikoi cheesecake for take-out ...they sell it by the slice/piece at Kailua candy company....adjacent to Costco. it really is amazing...one piece is $4.50...enough to share! it is called OMG..(Oh My Goodness lilikoi white chocolate/macadamia cheesecake. They don't have it all the time...but it really is worth stopping....smooth,,,creamy, a little tart...Fabulous.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,157 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need best lillikoi cheescake in and around Kailua-'kona

I read an article this week about what food like cheesecake does to our brains. Rats that are allowed to eat cheesecake will ignore the pain of electroshock in order to keep eating it, same as they will with cocaine and heroin.

I can only imagine if they fed the rats liklioi white chocolate macadamia cheesecake. Someone once gave me a whole Baker Tom's lilikoi cheesecake and then left me alone with it ... OMG, it was totally addictive.

It's a good thing you're leaving the island ... ;-)

(Baker Tom's is in Papa'ikou, where I live. I don't stop there any more!)

Canada
Level Contributor
9,168 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need best lillikoi cheescake in and around Kailua-'kona

Too funny KK.......like I say...we shared 1 piece in 4 weeks... How's that for willpower.....living nearby...that's another story.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,157 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need best lillikoi cheescake in and around Kailua-'kona

you definitely get willpower points for only one piece in four weeks!

It helps that BT's isn't a place that I walk by. I would have to pull in, thus acknowledging why I was going there, as opposed to just happening to walk by the cheesecake store. If I can't see it, that's good.

I used to work in a restaurant where one of the managers had been married to the owner of Fantasy Records. Fantasy Records had conducted a nationwide (or worldwide) search for the most perfect New York cheesecake recipe, and this lady had a copy of the winning recipe, and we served it. And I was allowed to eat it for free. That was serious temptation. Even though I was in my early twenties and had more leeway for sinning, I didn't have THAT much leeway.

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need best lillikoi cheescake in and around Kailua-'kona

Baker Tom's cheesecake is awesome, I stop there every time on my way back from Leilani Estates to Kona!

Powell River, Canada
Level Contributor
136 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need best lillikoi cheescake in and around Kailua-'kona

Thank you everyone for your welcomed feedback. I will endeavour to seek out a couple of these suggested spots for lilikoi cheesecake. I am glad my trip is coming to a close so I can go home and lose some weight after consuming delicious cheesecake.

kona, hawaii
Level Contributor
81 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need best lillikoi cheescake in and around Kailua-'kona

The alsolute best lilikoi cheescake is Coffee and Epicurea on the makai side of the highway in Honaunau. They also make other outrageous treats, such as their flourless chocolate cake. It's a bit of a drive from Kailua-Kona but worth it. The coffee is really good too.

Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
4,236 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need best lillikoi cheescake in and around Kailua-'kona

Coffee and Epicurea is my favorite spot for bakery items especially the lillikoi cheescake... whenever there is a birthday that is where we go.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,349 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need best lillikoi cheescake in and around Kailua-'kona

OK, my fellow DE's! I am seriously ticked...spent almost 2 weeks there, had WONDERFUL cheesecake at Kona Inn, but nobody told me about the Lilikoi!! HELLO...gotta share the wealth here!