We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banyan Tree Condos

Michigan
Level Contributor
17 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Banyan Tree Condos

I have read older posts saying the neighborhood around Banyan Tree Condos is not good. Owner says that has been cleaned up recently and family types are back. Can anyone comment on the area? We aren't timid types but also don't want to vacation in an undesireable area.

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Banyan Tree Condos

Too many Mai Tai drinks or deceptive advertising. The complex next door just built an exterior wall to keep the undesirables out of there. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60872-i269-k35984…

2. Re: Banyan Tree Condos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 May 2010, 02:28
Michigan
Level Contributor
17 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Banyan Tree Condos

Thanks, All. Very much appreciate the update.

4. Re: Banyan Tree Condos

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 03:11
Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Banyan Tree Condos

that is true about the parks.....other than the national parks. which employ federal law officers to partol them...

I would not go to most county parks either...... thanks for confirming that.

One point is that the location of a liquor store and low-rent apts, together with the " surf-gang" and their attituded toward non locals has and continues to be both an eye-sore and a hot bed of problems

Calgary
Level Contributor
794 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Banyan Tree Condos

Just stayed at Banyan Tree ten days ago and loved it. the unit we stayed in was the nicest home rental I've ever stayed in. We had absolutely no problems.

There is a very small local beach adjacent to Banyan tree where the locals hang out and surf. When I walked down to the beach I did get some "stink eye" from the locals but after I chatted with them for a while they lightened up.

You basically drive in and out of the Banyan Tree on your way to other places and never see the locals anyway - except from your lanai where you sit and watch them surf. They're out there from 6AM to dusk most days. I never heard a peep from the beach the entire time. The sound of the waves would drown anything out anyway... Bayan Tree is a bit too far out to walk into the Kailua touristy area.

El Sobrante
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Banyan Tree Condos

The Banyan Tree is a great place to stay. The units are larger than most on the island. The oceanfront pool is to die for. Our unit had the master bedroom and living space oceanfront and the unti had 32 feet of floor to ceiling windows. The kitchen was completely equiped. Wathching the surfers from the lanai and livingroom was amazing. There is parking under the building, elevators and an onsite manager in case you need anything. We booked throug VRBO and had a great experience.

Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
4,236 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Banyan Tree Condos

The Banyan has the smallest lanais I have ever seen, most are so narrow that your back is in the condo and your head on the railing. Only exception is the corner units. I drive by there a few time a day and it never surprises me to see the police cars there "busting" up a fight or someone drunk or drugging. The liquor store across the street just adds to the problem. Weekends there are always parties if the surf is up.. JMHO

SoCAL
Level Contributor
415 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Banyan Tree Condos

I stayed at Banyan Tree last August and it was fine. We didn't stay there b/c we wanted or needed a beach out front (b/c we drive to other places on island to go snorkeling). But, it was nice hearing the waves crashing at night (our unit had an AC and that helped during the hot part of the day). The ocean is RIGHT THERE. Parking is beneath the building. The elevator has an access code. The building was always quiet when we were there. None of the locals hanging around came near the building entrance areas or the pool, etc. and they were no threat to us and fun to watch surfing in the mornings from the lanai.

We didn't go to "their" beach, but I've lived in tourist coastal town on the east coast and i wouldn't want to go to "their" beach anyway -- the locals should have something they can enjoy to get away from tourists (MY OPINION). There are plenty of nicer "real" beaches on the BI anyway...

Yes the shady liquor store across the road was less than enticing, however, at night its lights always helped us find the BT building entrance easier.

And yes, the lanai we had was very small (a high table and chairs, b/c the lanai isn't open "bars" but block wall), but a wall of windows in the living area was really cool.

I wouldn't stay in a ground floor unit no matter where i go b/c of fears of being less safe! But, that's how I roll.

10. Re: Banyan Tree Condos

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2010, 05:15