We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilo Hattie's & Maui Divers

USA
Level Contributor
389 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Hilo Hattie's & Maui Divers

What do you locals think of Hilo Hattie's and Maui Divers? I've bought some very pretty jewelry at Maui Divers and I think Hilo Hattie's is fun.

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hilo Hattie's & Maui Divers

There is one store right next to Long's Drug Store at the Lanihau Center and you should check out Kona Heirloom Jeweler too, next to the Ba-Le Restaurant, just around the corner from the KTA supermarket at the Kona Coast Shopping Center.

Ontario
Level Contributor
465 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Hilo Hattie's & Maui Divers

Aloha! I am not sure where the "Lanihau Center" is.??

I have purchased jewelry in the past at Goldfish, near the King Kam hotel.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,550 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hilo Hattie's & Maui Divers

Hilo Hatties is a must do for us. Shell lies, free coffee mugs and a glass of POG...it may be cheesy but it is fun to go.

I do not think they are the cheapest but most of their clothes are not made in some sweatshop in Bangalore and sold in Walmart either. With all their 2 for 1 or half off deals their prices are comparable. If you happen to be in the military they also offer a discount on top of every other special deal. It is not advertised but they do it.

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hilo Hattie's & Maui Divers

Lanihau Center is just above Hilo Hattie's and just up the road from the King Kamehameha Beach Hotel.

Ontario
Level Contributor
465 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Hilo Hattie's & Maui Divers

Mahalo! I will definitely check out Hawaiian Heritage.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,609 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Hilo Hattie's & Maui Divers

BB, do you ever play the Hilo Hattie game? Go in, get shell lei, walk around a bit,leave. Remove shell lei. Repeat step one until noticed.

I take 3-4 of them and wrap them around my wrist to make a wild bracelet. I've also been know to braid several together for a belt.

USA
Level Contributor
389 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Hilo Hattie's & Maui Divers

Thank you so much for all this great information. It makes me wonder what else I should ask. I love Hawaii and can't wait to get there. Shopping is part of the fun!

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Hilo Hattie's & Maui Divers

Don't forget the free coffee cup at Hilo Hattie's. All the guide brochures have the coupon in them for the coffee cup. If you are nice to the cashier she will even let you pick your favorite!

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,550 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Hilo Hattie's & Maui Divers

Never played that game PZP. We had an office pot luck with the theme of Aloha Friday. I had enough shell leis to give each employee one...lol. Will have to restock next trip to the islands.

As to the coffee mug, we use ours all the time. Since they change the pattern they use every few years we can daydream about when we got whichever mug we use....nice souvenir and free to boot.