We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dive video from our trip this past week

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
391 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Dive video from our trip this past week

My husband and I stayed in Kailua-Kona this past week to celebrate our 6th anniversary and had the time of our lives. Although it was mostly a dive trip, we also enjoyed many of the historical and cultural sites of the Big Island.

Unfortunately we weren't able to get to VNP, Hilo or the waterfalls this trip, as we only had 5 days, but we have vowed we will do that our next trip. Can't wait to get back to the Big Island!

My sister vacations in the Big Island every year and I was always wondering why she would go to the same place year after year. After vacationing here ourselves, we can see why.

Thanks to everyone on this board for your input, expertise, and advice. The Big Island is truly paradise!

http://vimeo.com/53756353

Edited: 18 November 2012, 06:39
Strathmore...
Level Contributor
52 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dive video from our trip this past week

What a fantastic gift! We're heading to BI in about 2 months (first trip) and cannot express how much this is appreciated.....GREAT JOB and THANK YOU!!!!!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
152 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dive video from our trip this past week

Awesome video! I loved the turtle with all the "baggage." Was that a night dive with the rays, and what kind were they? Thank you so much for sharing this!

CA
Level Contributor
549 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dive video from our trip this past week

Wow, great stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
391 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dive video from our trip this past week

Alberta Bob, have a fabulous time! I can't wait to go back!

SDPam, that was the famous manta ray night dive we did. It was actually the main reason we chose the Big Island initially. You can also snorkel with the manta rays if you're not a certified diver. We went with Kona Diving Company and had a great time with them. There is plenty of info on this site about it if you search for manta ray night snorkel or dive.

The real cherry on top, however, was that my husband and I saw a huge manta ray the next day by ourselves while we were shore diving in Puako (the same site we saw all those turtles). Unfortunately the card in our digital camera was full by then so we didn't get any video of it. :(

San Diego...
Level Contributor
152 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dive video from our trip this past week

Sfla, thanks for the info. We're snorkelers, and I wish I'd done my homework and known about it for our Big Island trip a few years ago. We're hooked on Maui and Kauai, but we just may have to make a trip back to the BI one of these years.

Bummer that you missed out on videoing the Puako ray. We share one underwater digital camera, but I'm thinking I want my own for our next trip so that we don't miss any good shots.

Sherwood Park
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dive video from our trip this past week

Wow what a great video! Thank you for sharing. You have shown some of the best things that we enjoy on the Big Island. We also go there every year and still see so much every time. Aloha

Portland, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Waikoloa
Level Contributor
917 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dive video from our trip this past week

Mahalo for the great video! We are 29 days out - can hardly wait!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dive video from our trip this past week

Thanks for posting. Ex video quality.

My wife and I will be going to the BI(first time to Hawaii) in mid Jan. Should see lots of whales by then, I hope.

Edited: 21 November 2012, 04:43
Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Dive video from our trip this past week

Fantastic video! Was just there 1st of Oct. Love 2-step! You had great visibility and sun overhead which makes for great snorkeling. Manta ray dive awesome. Never had an eel swim around my neck before. I like the neckties that don't move. Again loved your video seemed professional! We like many others try to come back yearly, last 7-8 or so.

Edited: 01 December 2012, 21:11
CA
Level Contributor
549 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dive video from our trip this past week

After further review of the posters other video's on the You Tube channel, they are "in the business". But still great video that has given me a lot more ideas on the types of clips I want to capture on my upcoming one weeks stay on the big island.

Get answers to your questions about Kailua-Kona