We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Champagne Sunday Brunch

Arlington Heights...
Level Contributor
54 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Champagne Sunday Brunch

We have a tradition as we travel to enjoy a Champagne Sunday Brunch. We will be on the Big Island the first two Sundays in July and we would like to go to the best brunch that people would recommend since we are also celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary this year!

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
27,900 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Champagne Sunday Brunch

This one's easy. 'Ulu at the Four Seasons by a mile. Mauna Kea Beach Hotel a distant second.

Arlington Heights...
Level Contributor
54 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Champagne Sunday Brunch

Please tell me if the brunch will include champagne.

Hayden Lake, ID
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Champagne Sunday Brunch

Shea,

Where did you go for Mother's Day this year. We'll be there again next year.

Is Ulu in the same location as last year's MD brunch?

Karen

Edited: 23 June 2013, 05:44
Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
27,900 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Champagne Sunday Brunch

Yes, there's plenty of champagne, the good stuff.

Karen, I went to Mother's Day at 'Ulu this year. And yes, same location.

Arlington Heights...
Level Contributor
54 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Champagne Sunday Brunch

Would I need a reservation for brunch at 'Ulu?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
183 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Champagne Sunday Brunch

I had breakfast at 'Ulu every morning (the buffet) for 6 days at the end of May and did not have any trouble getting a table without a reservation. We were not there for a Sunday brunch though, so I can't speak to that. I'm not sure about Sundays, but for every other day you would want to get there by 10 am at the latest because the buffet is only served until 10:30 am. If you get there later (we got there at 10:15 our first morning) they will certainly accommodate you and not rush you, but it's nicer to get there when the buffet is being freshly stocked regularly - it feels more leisurely.

If I were going for a special anniversary I would probably make a reservation in any case and let them know it was for a special occasion. They might treat you to something special.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
183 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Champagne Sunday Brunch

BTW, the breakfast buffet is wonderful as is the setting; open-air right on the beach. And you will not find better service anywhere. A wonderful way to begin your day.

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
27,900 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Champagne Sunday Brunch

The Sunday buffet/brunch is the same as all the other days. Here's the menu, although it changes slightly from day to day.

I would make a reservation if you're not staying on property.

fourseasons.com/hualalai/…

Note instead of the mimosas you can just get plain old champagne. They also have the Nicholas Feuillatte rosé by the glass.

Edited: 23 June 2013, 19:23
Arlington Heights...
Level Contributor
54 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Champagne Sunday Brunch

I contacted the concierge at the Four Seasons and I was informed that they do not offer a Sunday Brunch, just a breakfast buffet with only breakfast items.

I will try to contact the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for a Champagne Sunday Brunch on the Big Island?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
183 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Champagne Sunday Brunch

I think brunches may vary by geographic area so just wondering what it is you're looking for? For instance a Sunday brunch where I live will often run from 10 to 2 pm (or later) and in addition to traditional breakfast foods will offer prime rib roasts, salmon filets, etc.. Is that what you're looking for?