We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Royal Kona Hotel the old Kona Surf?

Which Kailua-Kona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MBG
The Villages...
Level Contributor
231 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Is the Royal Kona Hotel the old Kona Surf?

My husband and I honeymooned in Hawaii back in 1978 and spent 3 nights at the Kona Surf Hotel. From the photos of the Royal Kona Hotel on line it looks like it could be the same hotel. Does anyone know if that is the case? We attended a wonderful luau there on our honeymoon and will be returning to Kailua-Kona this November and wondered if we could go down Memory Lane. Thank you for any help!

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
25,782 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the Royal Kona Hotel the old Kona Surf?

No, the old Kona Surf is no more. The Sheraton Keauhou Bay sits now where the Kona Surf used to be.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
37,761 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the Royal Kona Hotel the old Kona Surf?

Tacking on ...

The Royal Kona Resort was originally opened as a Hilton.

MBG
The Villages...
Level Contributor
231 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the Royal Kona Hotel the old Kona Surf?

Just goes to show that Memory Lane is a one-way street, I guess! Thanks for the swift replies!

4. Re: Is the Royal Kona Hotel the old Kona Surf?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2014, 06:19