We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

do any hotels/resorts offer a day pass?

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
155 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
do any hotels/resorts offer a day pass?

We have to check out of our condo at noon, but our flights don't leave until 9:30 pm. As of today, our unit isn't rented for that night, so we might be able to get a late checkout, but won't know until that day. If we can't get our late checkout, does anyone know if any of the hotels or resorts offer a day pass? We're looking for someplace that we might be able to store our luggage and just hang out by a pool or the beach, and maybe have access to a room we can freshen up before heading to the airport.

LA
Level Contributor
10,988 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: do any hotels/resorts offer a day pass?

No.

If you want to stay at a hotel and use their pool, then you need to pay for a regular room and be a regular hotel guest.

The hotels are all busy enough that they don't need to offer day passes any more.

Canada
Level Contributor
9,440 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: do any hotels/resorts offer a day pass?

We have encountered this situation dozens of times.......and just pay for the condo through to the next day....usually at initial time of booking. Lucky for you it is available. If you secure it now, there will be no second guessing that last day.

Having the condo that last day, allows you to pack at your leisure....swim, nap, dine, shower before heading to the Airport for the brutal flight home. It is money well spent...and all part of the vacaton expense.

Safe Travels.

South East England
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: do any hotels/resorts offer a day pass?

Well, I feel I may be able to be a bit more helpful than the first reply, especially as I am quite sure that the Hilton Waikoloa DOES issue day passes still. I am not sure about any others though. However for $160ish for the day, I'm not sure if it'd be worth it?

I know KamaainaK has previously suggested checking bags early (I think you can do this up to five hours?) Or going to a nice resort like the Four Seasons where it will be safer for your belongings. Is there likely to be anywhere in the condo complex where you can safely leave your bags for the day?

Edited: 26 January 2014, 19:09
Mentioned in this post
Waikoloa
Waikoloa
Island of Hawaii, HI
Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
30,802 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: do any hotels/resorts offer a day pass?

I have done a Top Question on what to do if you have a red eye fight as this topic has been covered extensively in previous threads. The Top questions are on the right hand side of the Island of Hawaii forum on the full desktop version.

The Hilton is the only hotel on the island that sells day passes and only does so when they are not busy, which isn't all that often. Also at $160 they probably cost as much as just booking through another night at your condo.

Neither KK not I recommend trying to check bags early, most airlines will only accept bags 3-4 hours before departure anyway and it's a hassle to go to the airport twice within that time frame. Some people report they have had the curbside luggage guys agree to hold them but I wouldn't do that. The TQ linked topics cover other options in depth if you can't book through your unit for another day.

Edited: 26 January 2014, 19:33
Mentioned in this post
LA
Level Contributor
10,988 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: do any hotels/resorts offer a day pass?

In the posts from 2007 that discuss the Hilton Waikoloa offering day passes, they were $80 per person, so your party of 4 would be spending $320 for the priviledge, and it would not include any of their overpriced and very mediocre food.

And no, they don't take reservations. You would have to call that morning.

Mentioned in this post
Waikoloa
Waikoloa
Island of Hawaii, HI
Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
39,601 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: do any hotels/resorts offer a day pass?

I recently mentioned the idea of early bag check within the time frame Shea mentions, but that was with the idea the OP would be going to the Four Seasons after having had bags held at their hotel (Hapuna Prince). So that was going to solve most of their time killing and it was not a way to solve a long wait for a red eye.

It was an option if wanting to get some of the process over with before dinner so they could swoop in and move fast. The 4S is very close and it would not be hard to drive through and check bags with a porter.

Because you have a condo you are not in the same position as a hotel guest who can stay on property after checking out, so you should either pay for the condo use or you are looking at a hotel room.

You can get a Kohala hotel on Hotwire for the same or less money than a Hilton day pass at $160.

Mentioned in this post
Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations
Kohala Suites by Hilton...
1,150 Reviews
Island of Hawaii, HI
Hapuna Beach State Recreation Area
Hapuna Beach State...
2,043 Reviews
Island of Hawaii, HI
Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
30,802 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: do any hotels/resorts offer a day pass?

The only day pass the Hilton now offers is $160 but it covers a family of up to four as I understand it.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
39,601 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: do any hotels/resorts offer a day pass?

To add to that, the old one was $80 and also covered a family of four. They just doubled the price a while back.

9. Re: do any hotels/resorts offer a day pass?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 06:17