We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kona Coast Resort Earthquake damage?????

Tucson, AZ
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kona Coast Resort Earthquake damage?????

Can a B.I. expert please report on any damage to the K.C.R., please?

Mahalo

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
407 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kona Coast Resort Earthquake damage?????

I may not be an expert, but I'm here now...

That earthquake was awesome. It literally shook me out of bed. I didn't know what to do. However, even though it was all over the news, the damage is minimal to none. We drove South towards capt. cook yesterday and north to kohala today, the most damage we saw was large boulders fallen by the side of the road. Nothing blocking the roads. A few buildings have structural cracks, etc. Broken things that fell from shelves. That's about it!

very exciting!

Tina

Pennsylvania
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kona Coast Resort Earthquake damage?????

I currently have plans to travel to Kona this Sunday!!! I am trying to decide if I should go. I am supposed to stay at the Kona Coast resort. What do you think? They are saying there is no damage there...I called several area restaurants and they say the same thing.

Should I chance it and go?

Gilbert, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kona Coast Resort Earthquake damage?????

Collin....of course! GO!

I'll be there on the 23rd....going to Maui this Thursday

Tucson, AZ
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Kona Coast Resort Earthquake damage?????

Thank you all for the information - it is always appreciated whan my "adopted" friends tell you the truth. Looking forward to our trip in FEB, 2007.

Mahalo, and stay well.......................it's BBAre & Nikki ;>)

5. Re: Kona Coast Resort Earthquake damage?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 03:19
Get answers to your questions about Kailua-Kona