We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kona Pineapple Park - lodging and diving

San Diego...
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Kona Pineapple Park - lodging and diving

I just would like to share the experience of my first visit to Big Island with those who, like myself, tries to avoid the crowd and see more of the Island. I chose Pineapple Park near the Capitan Cook village, and it turned out that the choice was perfect for me and my wife. The accommodation was very comfortable and very reasonably priced. We stayed at VIP room on the second floor (BB type) but hostel-like rooms on the first floor also looked very nice and can be recommended for young and budget travelers. The hostess is charming with 5-star hospitality. The place is conveniently located to explore both tourist Kailua and unspoiled beautiful South Kona. Pineapple Park has also excellent property close to Volcano NP area and we stayed couple of days in that paradise too. It is also very conveniently located to explore two areas - Volcano NP and Hilo. I am an avid diver, so it was important that right near the Kona Pineapple Park is diving shop Kona Boys. I rented there the tanks and did a lot of shore diving, thanks to their advising. Shore diving there is much better than boat trips, unless you go for manta dive.

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kona Pineapple Park - lodging and diving

Just one word of advice, the B&B along with the kayak rental operation is for sale and could be under the new ownership soon.