We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing in Seward

Which Seward hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Fishing in Seward

Hi,

I have one day in Seward where I don't have anything planned yet. so I am thinking of going fishing. Any recommendation on company that offers fishing trip? Will they clean the fish we caught and let us bring home? Thanks!

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,251 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing in Seward

When are you planning to be in Seward? August/Sept is prime silver salmon fishing. They can easily be caught from shore and even more fun with a boat. A limit of 6 per person can fill a cooler quick. Halibut fishing is my favorite and is good all summer. Most boat charters will clean your fish.

You can bring to Glacier Fresh Seafoods to have vacuum packed and frozen. They will also custom smoke, can and ship via Fed Ex to arrive when your back home. If leaving Seward and heading straight to the airport for home ... in coolers I use newspaper to wrap the frozen, vacuum packed fish, then put in a plastic bag and use clothes packed around to help insulate with good results.

www.alaskasaltwaterlodge.com does a great job on charters. They will do personalized combos including fishing and wildlife viewing.

www.sewardresort.com offers discounts if any in your group are past or present military.

www.thefishhouse.net does bookings with a large selection of boats.

Wylie.Texas
Level Contributor
186 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing in Seward

Hi

I have fished with miller's landing twice and had a good trip both times.I have a July combo trip [ halibut - salmon ] booked with Crackerjack charters.If you need to book when you get there [[ I would try to book early ] try the Fish House they book alot of diffrent boats

David

3. Re: Fishing in Seward

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 00:17