We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saturday night lodging only

Level Contributor
190 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Saturday night lodging only

Would it be necessary to reserve one night's lodging for a Saturday in June? My Mom and I will be renting a car and driving down from Anchorage to see Seward and do the Kenai Fijord 5 hr tour. Don't need anything fancy. B & B or I read somewhere there are clean hotels by marina? Should I secure lodging just to be safe? Any suggestions?

Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,792 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saturday night lodging only

If you know your date in advance, by all means book it. The tourist season in Alaska is pretty short (mid to late May until September). You get your best choice of lodging by booking in advance. I am going in early May to Seward and have had my lodging booked for months.

Ward, AR
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saturday night lodging only

we had a good stay at the breeze inn in Seward. $129 for standard room, before taxes. clean room, pretty good sized room. had a room facing the road, and didn't notice any road noise. there is a restaurant nearby that's part of the breeze inn. also a subway and some other little shops next door. the motel is located in the small boat harbor. it's on the main road going into town, on the left side.

3. Re: Saturday night lodging only

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 13:19