We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Full day combo fishing/wildlife viewing trip

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Full day combo fishing/wildlife viewing trip

I have seen recommendations for the wildlife and glacier viewing boat trips. I am looking for a recommendation for a similar tour that also combines fishing. I have found one company, Alaska Saltwater Lodge that has a combination boat trip including fishing for small groups. Are there any others?

Mentioned in this post
Alaska
Alaska
United States
Wylie.Texas
Level Contributor
186 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Full day combo fishing/wildlife viewing trip

For fishing you might try Chrackerjack Charters they have one of the newest and nicest boat around.They are good people to fish with .Millers Landing also has combo trip's.I have fished with both more than once and had a good time.For last minute trips you can try The Fish House they book trips for many charter co.This is you best chance if you are not booked at this time.There are many charters out of Seward and most will put you on fish!!

good luck

David

Mentioned in this post
Miller's Landing
Miller's Landing
273 Reviews
Seward, AK
Seward
Seward
Alaska
North Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
639 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Full day combo fishing/wildlife viewing trip

Regional regulations will affect the availability of this sort of tour... Here in SE, all fishing charters are limited to 6 anglers, while up north in SouthCentral, they can put 12, 24, or more on a fishing boat.

Now imagine you're done fishing for the day, and want to go whale watching. Try talking 23 others into ending their fishing day? It's much easier to "personalize" a tour when you've got a small group. Most of our trips here in SE are just one family unit or group on board and, within reason, the person chartering the boat calls the shots.

You'll find many more combo trips in SouthEast Alaska. If you're limited to taking your boat tour up north, however, I'll second the recommendation for all the companies that have been mentioned so far. All are fantastic businesses that always make their clients happy!

Happy Alaska Travels!

-Case

Mentioned in this post
Alaska
Alaska
United States
Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,442 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Full day combo fishing/wildlife viewing trip

I'm not aware of any others that do combos.

With Saltwater Lodge they bring you out to the glaciers in Kenai Fjords National Park, viewing wildlife on the way out. Lunch at the glacier. Fishing on your way back in.

Maximum of 12 for fishing/wildlife combos with often less and 15 for wildlife cruises. You can rent the boat for just your party for where/what you want to see/do.

Mentioned in this post
Kenai Fjords National Park
Kenai Fjords National...
1,360 Reviews
Seward, AK
4. Re: Full day combo fishing/wildlife viewing trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 23:18