We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sports bar in Seward?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Sports bar in Seward?

This may seem like a bizarre question, but I will be in Seward this weekend during the baseball playoffs and I am a huge Twins fan. (I did not think to consult the playoff schedule months and months ago when I planned the trip!) Does anyone know if any of the restaurants in town regularly show sporting events and might possibly have the game on on Thursday (start time is 2 pm Alaska time and it's on TBS)? I know it's a long shot, but the place I'm staying won't have a television (and this is all i want to watch anyway!). If it's got good food, even better!

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
6,894 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sports bar in Seward?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60873-i1361-k3742…

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,520 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sports bar in Seward?

Welcome to TA.

I saw your screen name before I opened your post and I assumed you must also be from MN.

You are better off watching the game on TV. I was "chosen" to have the "privilege" of ordering ALCS tickets this morning. All I could get was standing room at $60/person. I passed.

Just for fun, I logged onto the ATL Braves website shortly thereafter and they were selling seats to their NLDS games cheaper than the standing room at Target Field. Granted, it was the NLDS (not NLCS) but still. I guess the Twins have to pay for Joe Mauer somehow!

John

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,388 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sports bar in Seward?

Without a doubt.. Thorn's will have the game and the best food in town. Enjoy!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
277 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sports bar in Seward?

We were in Seward in late August and my son went to the Pit Bar to try to catch the Badger Game. They had something else on but when he asked they turned the game on for him.

5. Re: Sports bar in Seward?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2011, 06:16