We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lodging in Seward

Amarillo TX
Level Contributor
452 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
lodging in Seward

Sorry folks, I have another question. According to Expedia and Travelocity, my first two 'go to's - pretty much everything is booked. Is there a separate site for lodging I can go too? a B & B is fine, there are 3 adults for 1 night.

Deb

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,520 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lodging in Seward

The online TA's have a very small percentage of lodging in any smaller town, Seward included. You need to check the Seward forum for all sorts of great lodging options. Scroll down the various threads. I know I had a question about Seward lodging recently and it was answered rather quickly. Find threads like that. Or just check out the Seward CVB site: http://seward.com/

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,152 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lodging in Seward

Another thing working against you with the hotel expediter services like Travelocity and Hotels.com is that few of the hotels in AK will turn over much of their inventory to them to sell in the summer because they generally have no problem filling up in prime-time. Shoulder season and winter are another matter and some deals can be found through travel sites. (AARP Travel has done very well by me for Fairbanks in September both last year and this.)

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,388 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lodging in Seward

There's lots of lodging in Seward. Any must have- budget- in or out of town- view? Will you have a car? None are cheap..expect $125+ unless you want a hostel or small cabin.

www.seward.com

Minneapolis MN
Level Contributor
96 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lodging in Seward

Check out Seward Bear Creek Cabins. That's where we're staying Aug 6-8.

Wasilla, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
5,709 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lodging in Seward

http://www.sewardwindsong.com/

There's also a Holiday Inn Express.

www.HotelEdgewater.com

And there's Hotel Seward.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
30 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: lodging in Seward

We were also looking for lodging in Seward, and found many places were unavailable on Expedia and hotels.com. Holiday Inn Express was not available. We called the hotel directly and were able to book a room. We're now staying there in the last week of August.

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,388 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: lodging in Seward

Seward is soo small and busy in the summer that it surprises me if any places are listed on internet booking sites. It's best to research a few, find what your looking for and book directly with the hotel.

There are several tour packages with lodging included and almost always it's the Windsong or Edgewater.. neither would be my 1st pick, .. but it keeps them booked.

You'll enjoy the Holiday Inn... great location.

georgia
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: lodging in Seward

We stayed at the Bear's Den B and B. It was great. We were in den #1, it was huge. Walking distance to downtown.

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: lodging in Seward

Great to hear that GeorgiaWanda, that's where we'll be staying (also in Den #1) in 10 days!

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: lodging in Seward

I suggest going to the chamber of commerce website for Seward (or whatever other city/town you plan to stay). The Chamber websites always have a good list of lodging options with websites, etc. In fact, you could spend hours perusing Seward's chamber list of lodging options.

http://seward.com/

or...you could spend hours perusing the reviews here on TA.