We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alaska Saltwater Lodge Small Boat Tour

Which Seward hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maryville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
68 posts
148 reviews
Save Topic
Alaska Saltwater Lodge Small Boat Tour

I have done my due diligence and searched the available information with regards to this group. But would like to ask about them again.

First .... Thank you to the folks that offered help and suggestions to my initial itinerary questions a few days ago .... I was so pleased with the input.

As a reminder ... We will arrive in Seward late afternoon on July 3rd and leave on the 5th.

We are considering the Alaska Saltwater Lodge small boat tour instead of one of the large fjord / wildlife tours. I really want good access to wildlife and of course glacier images. Plus not a fan of large groups when it comes to my photography.

I contacted the owners via email and they responded back within 24 hours, so the earlier posts about lack of return contact have not been an issue (so far).

My Question? Has anyone else been on their small boat cruise ... opinions, etc. please

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,288 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alaska Saltwater Lodge Small Boat Tour

I have been out with them many times... my favorite! I always feel special when we are near the bigger boats because we are sooo much closer to the water and wildlife with only a handful of people.

As for their response issue..they can be lacking but they are truly a family owned and operated business.. actually with mulitple lodgings and boats. So with that they have my respect on how they keep on going and going.

Have fun being here on July 4th and feel free to ask me any questions on my great little town.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alaska Saltwater Lodge Small Boat Tour

there is at least one trip report from this summer that included a tour with Saltwater Lodge.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28923-i349-k55660…

Have you tried a search? Go to the ALASKA forum and enter "saltwater lodge" in the Search In box. Be sure to use the quotes. It will bring up a lot of threads but it should be easy to skip over the ones that are just asking questions.

Maryville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
68 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alaska Saltwater Lodge Small Boat Tour

Thanks so much glacierlady! We have found the owners super to deal with so far. Response takes a day or two, but not a big deal since we are making our arrangements early.

I probably will contact you with specific questions as time passes ... thank you for the offer!

Hunterdon, NJ
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alaska Saltwater Lodge Small Boat Tour

I was happy to search and see a post on this. I am curious as how far in advance you should book a trip like this? We are going to be there in the beginning of Sept.... Is it better to wait until it gets closer or just book these types of trips now?

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,288 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alaska Saltwater Lodge Small Boat Tour

Book now ..as they are often full with limited capacity. Enjoy!

6. Re: Alaska Saltwater Lodge Small Boat Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2014, 05:15