We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving on July 4th

fairfield, ca
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving on July 4th

We are arriving on July 4th by car. Will we have a problem getting to our hotel to check in? We are staying at the Seward Harbor Holiday Inn. Thanks

Bristol, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving on July 4th

Depends on what time of day you will be arriving. The roads in the Harbor area are not effected by the race itself but there will be crowds and some slow going. I would plan to get to Seward as early in the day as possible.

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,364 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving on July 4th

No... you shouldn't have a problem getting to the hotel, just to find a place to park.

There will be LOTS traffic heading into Seward in the morning and alot heading out in the afternoon. Make sure to give yourself plenty of drive time!!

fairfield, ca
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving on July 4th

Thanks. We will be leaving Anchorage in the mornng and wanted to make a couple of stops along the way. I don't think we'll be in Seward until after lunch. I contacted the hotel in regards to parking. They indicated that there is limited parking and they have an overflow lot across the street that costs $10.00 to park. If that fills up I'm not sure what my options will be.

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,364 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving on July 4th

The men's race starts at 3pm. Until that is over the city will be packed tight. Park wherever you can find and move once the people start clearing out. (the front runners are under an hour to finish)

I do suggest making it in time for some activities. Here's more info sewardchamber.org/welcome-to-seward-alaska/…

Welcome to Alaska's largest Independance Day celebration!

5. Re: Arriving on July 4th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2014, 06:16