We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alaska SeaLife or Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
36 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Alaska SeaLife or Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center?

Over the course of 3 days, we will be driving from Anchorage to Seward, spending a day with Alaska Saltwater on a small group glacier tour and then driving back north.

Obviously, we can't do everything.. so which would you choose the SeaLife Center or the Conservation Center?

Planning on several scenic stops on the way down- the usual pulloffs and stops including Potter's Marsh and Exit Glacier as the two that I see spending substantial time.

(We will be continuing to Palmer and Denali from there) thanks.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
36 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Alaska SeaLife or Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center?

thanks for mentioning Talkeetna. I was thinking that we wouldn't have time for it. Will relook. :)

Bristol, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Alaska SeaLife or Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center?

Talkeetna is just a small town, you can spend as little or as much time as you like there. Maybe stop for lunch. Figure about a 5 hour drive from Palmer to Denali without stops. If there are any groceries or supplies you need remember to stock up in Wasilla or Palmer. I like Palmer Fred Meyere or Carrs, they always seem a bit less hectic than Wasilla. There is a small IGa in Talkeetna but once you're north of Talkeetna the selection really goes down (think convenience store) and the prices go up.

Seward, Alaska
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Alaska SeaLife or Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center?

If you can only do ONE I would recommend the Wildlife Center -- a lot of the animals their are unique to Alaska. However, with both you can choose how long you spend there. I would plan on the Wildlife Center and hope that you can squeeze the Sealife center in somewhere during your time in Seward!

Note: I am the owner/operator of Turning Heads Kennel in Seward, Alaska.

14. Re: Alaska SeaLife or Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2014, 06:16