We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing Help

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
54 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing Help

My husband and I would like to to go fishing while in Seward the first week of June. What is the best thing to fish for during that time of year? Is it possible to just do a half day fishing charter? Does anyone have experience with those vs. doing a full day?

Thanks for the help.

Adventure Sixty North - Day Trips
Walking Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing, Fishing Charters & Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Helicopter Tours
Puffin Fishing Charters
Fishing Charters & Tours
J-Dock Sportfishing
Fishing Charters & Tours
seward
Level Contributor
472 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing Help

Hey littleone, I would go to the Res. River and snag for Red Salmon. They should be running at that time. It would cost you 5.00 pp to get on Tim McDonalds place. With any luck you will go home with a bunch of Reds. A half day charter is not going to get you out where there is good fishing. If you want to do a charter do a full day. I would suggest that you do a "Combo" as this will get the most meat for the buck. If you need local Capts. to go out with let me know. Remember...... If you get too many fish..... I will eat them for you!!!! Boat Ak

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,381 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing Help

As was said, full day charter for halibutt and rockfish on the way back. For the reds you'll need to have waders and poles. Boat.. you better call me when it's time to eat!! ;)

Estero, Florida
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing Help

will be there last week in July witht he kids. what is in the river about then?

where is TIm McDonald access?

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,381 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing Help

Last week of July- reds are done and silvers are on the way but usually not in the bay yet. Best to take a boat charter for halibut.

McDonald's is north of town about 2.5 miles east on Nash rd... Only in June for reds.

Estero, Florida
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing Help

thanks. I booked a combo charter with Aurora and wrote the check. hope the weather is good.

6. Re: Fishing Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2014, 05:16