We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Three Days in Seward Area

Which Seward hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,600 posts
140 reviews
Save Topic
Three Days in Seward Area

I asked this same question in the Denali forum, but it applies to Seward as well. We'll have three days in Seward. Our big event will be the fjords cruise 6 hour or longer. We'll be determining which day to go based on the weather. So my question is what are some recommended activities in the Seward area (We have a car) for days we're not going on the fjord cruise. We're also looking at kayaking. Do you have some drives we can do from there, some hikes, other activities of interest, fishing, etc. Thanks for your suggestions. This would be likely something to do on a not so nice weather wise day/s.

Thanks

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Three Days in Seward Area

Also look at Adventure 60 North. We went heli-kayaking with them to the Bear Glacier in August. We had a spectacular time, even though it was raining. It is well worth the money and we are planning another trip to Alaska from Alaska so we can do that again, among other things.

Windham, Ohio
Level Contributor
127 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Three Days in Seward Area

What is the walk to Exit Glacier like? Is the surface smooth or uneven? Would love to walk it but have torn ligaments in one ankle &the other is fused. I need to be careful, where I walk! I have read it is 3/4 of a mile but nothing about what the surface is like.

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,600 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Three Days in Seward Area

It was an easy hike. It's paved for the first part and then a pathway for the rest. I had thrown out my back the day before and I was able to make it with no problem. I'd say it would be worth it for you to make the hike...and doable.

Windham, Ohio
Level Contributor
127 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Three Days in Seward Area

Thanks. For your quick response.

Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
8,659 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Three Days in Seward Area

Two or three years ago we did an early walk to Exit Glacier (early May). Still lot of snow patches on the walkway, including many moose nugget piles. After the paved area ended we walked up to the side of it (new trail). We returned home and the next day my hip started giving me problems, real problems. Found out about a year later it was a herniated disc. However, do not know if the walk to the glacier did it or the cruise in Resurrection Bay did it as the waters were on the rough side. This is not meant to discourage you. Just use your own judgement when encoountering the trail.

16. Re: Three Days in Seward Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2014, 06:21