We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Required help for business travel

Meerut
Level Contributor
67 posts
223 reviews
Save Topic
Required help for business travel

My engineers will be reaching Zlin from Budapest by car or train on the 2nd.of Sept2010 and will have to visit tire companies in that area.Can some one please let us know where one may get a hired car and driver for touring the city.

Thank you

tjjohn

Brno, Czech Republic
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Required help for business travel

I don't know if any company hires cars with drivers. But I think some taxi service would be quite sufficient. If not, try to rent car here: http://www.autopujcovna-brno.info/en.html

Zlín is not very large and can be explored even by public transport. Tire companies are almost in the center of town, some are in western part and in neighboring Otrokovice.

Main train line leads through Otrokovice (railway station is near Barum Continental company). In Otrokovice you can change to local train, which goes through whole Zlín from west to east. This train also stops quite near some tire companies, within walking distance.

Meerut
Level Contributor
67 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Required help for business travel

Thank you very much for the information. We need to visit the following companies. Any suggestions and comments will be thankfully appreciated.

1. BARUM Continental Spol s.r.o. (Continental A.G.)

MITAS a.s.

Objizdna (areal Barum Continental)

Otrokovice

Czech Republic (300kms from Prague)

2. Mitas a.s. (Czech Rubber Co. - CGS),

Ulice Sedesata 5638

762 02 Zlin, Czech Republic. (300kms from Prague)

Tel: +42-67-721-0622. & +420 57 7513163

Fax: +42-67-721-0622

3. Mitas a.s.,

Svehlova 1900, 106 24

Praha 10, Czech Republic.

Tel: +42-2-67111111.

Thanks

tjjohn

Brno, Czech Republic
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Required help for business travel

1. As I wrote above, Barum Continental is near the railway station in Otrokovice, where also international train stops. If your engineers will come by train, they can go from the platform to the underpass which leads to Barum factory zone (there are sign boards in underpass: "směr Barum"). I was never inside this factory, so I'm not sure, where is the main entrance for visitors. I presume it is to the right from underpass.

2. Šedesátá street is in the former Bata shoe factory. It is in fact in very centre of the town. This factory zone is opened, anyone can go there. Your engineers can arrive there by train from Otrokovice. They will get off the train at the stop "Zlín - střed". From the here go walk over the bus station and turn right to the area with multi-storey factory buildings of red bricks and grey concrete columns. These is the typical Zlín architecture. Continue some 500 metres and you'll be at Šedesátá street, where Mitas has some production plant. It is also close to hotels Moskva and Garni.

3. I'm not that familiar with Prague, but as its much bigger city than Zlín, it would be better to use taxi to reach this factory. From Zlín to Prague you can also get a train (there is one direct train in the morning, but not very comfortable) or a Student Agency bus. Its about 4 hour ride.

Edited: 31 July 2010, 10:52
Meerut
Level Contributor
67 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Required help for business travel

Thank you very much for all the information you have provided. I have no doubts they will be extremely useful to my engineers.

Thank you

tjjohn

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,387 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Required help for business travel

RE: Svehlova 1900, Prague 10 = actually in Zahradni mesto; there are buses from Skalka Metro. also another way from Strasnicka... Definitely cheaper & faster to use metro from the train or bus station, IMO. (I think buses 195 or 224 stop just outside Skalka's metro in direction of Zahradni Mesto

www.pragueexperience.com/maps/metro.asp

Meerut
Level Contributor
67 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Required help for business travel

Thank you very much for this information. We will make a note of this.

Thank you

tjjohn

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
37,972 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Required help for business travel

Are you serious about using public transport? Then the best way from the Hlavni nadrazi (central railway station) is the tram. The stop is on the right hand side of the station entrance,a path through the park). Tram number 26 direction Nadrazi Hostivar is the quickest (about 28 minutes). Your company is situated on the left hand side, half way between stops Zahradni mesto and Sidliste Zahradni Mesto - the stops are all called out in advance.

Metro and bus are not really much quicker and at least will let you see Prague (not always in all its glory) and no need to change. 26 crowns ticket.

Meerut
Level Contributor
67 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Required help for business travel

Thank you very much for the additional tips. We have decided to use the services of a car rental. that would give us more flexibility in the limited time we have for visiting these companies although expensive compared to public transports.

Must thank you again for your helpful tips.

tjjohn

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
37,972 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Required help for business travel

At least in Hostivar (Mitas a.s.) you will have no problem parking :)

10. Re: Required help for business travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2011, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Zlin