We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone visited Morlaix recently ?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
392 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone visited Morlaix recently ?

Hi,

Would like to hear from anyone who has visited

Morlaix.

Cheers,

Baile Bologna.

Chateau du Taureau
Historic Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Castles
Viaduct
Bridges, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Maison a Pondalez
Speciality Museums
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
44 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone visited Morlaix recently ?

Am also interested in hearing about Morlaix as I have arranged a home exchange there for June. Would love to know about the area, shopping, restaurants etc, also tourist attractions. Hope we get some feedback from local people.

bristol
Level Contributor
124 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone visited Morlaix recently ?

Not exactly a local, but we did pass through Morlaix last year on route to our holiday nearby. Only thing we stopped for was to visit the very good market which is situated under the viaduct. The area of the market under the viaduct is mostly clothing, but if you cross the road and up through a few pretty side streets you get into the proper market in the old square, loads of fresh produce - typical French market I guess.

One stall sells seaweed products and the Tart'Alg is superb, so as we're back there next week on route to another gite in Brittany we'll be buying some more.

Other than that I'm afraid I don't know much about Morlaix, but so far it's still more than any else.....!

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone visited Morlaix recently ?

With flights to Brest so cheap I was wondering would Morlaix be a nice place to head for a few nights as a base? I would be using public transport to get around. Is it a pretty town? I can't seem to find much information on the place.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
44 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone visited Morlaix recently ?

We spent a week in Morlaix in June. Although the weather was pretty bad, we had a lovely time. The town is quite interesting and there is a big square under the viaduct where there are nice restaurants and a market on Saturdays. You would be better off with transport to visit some of the lovely coastal towns such Perros Guirec, Ploumanac and Carentac. ...excuse spelling! Inland is the historical Huelgoat which is well worth a visit. I don't know anything about public transport from Morlaix. Hope this helps :)

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone visited Morlaix recently ?

Thanks for that. I am sure there must be a local bus station in the town where we can head off on different day trips using Morlaix as our base.

With flights at only €10 each way and only lasting an hour to get there it would be a great saving on bringing or hiring a car.

6. Re: Has anyone visited Morlaix recently ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Morlaix