We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need transportation help

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
27,383 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Need transportation help

There was someone on this board a couple of years ago who gave me terrific transit directions from SEA via the Link to the Westin downtown - directions so good it was like "take this exit out of the station, face this way, walk this way"...I now need similar help.

SEA Link train to the Hampton Inn downtown (5th st.)...even getting to the Space Needle is fine, although we'd prefer the hotel to drop off our bags first.

I think from the Westlake Stop on the Link you can pick up the Monorail to the Space Needle? Is that my best option, or would there be a bus that goes from a Link Station to the area of the Hampton Inn? How do I (exactly) find the Monorail after getting off the LINK?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Space Needle
Space Needle
15,443 Reviews
Seattle, WA
8 replies to this topic
Renton, WA
Level Contributor
4,770 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need transportation help

The monorail terminal is virtually on top of the Westlake link station....just go up to street level and look for signs. The Hampton Inn on 5th is walkable from the Space Needle (end of the monorail line) if you do not have too much baggage to lug.

At the airport end there is a tram that runs between the main terminal and the link station so you need not worry about taking a wrong turn.

Mentioned in this post
Space Needle
Space Needle
15,443 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
27,383 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need transportation help

Thank you, but I think I found a better way to get directly to the hotel...Link to the Pioneer Square Station, then bus 3 or 4. We will have one small rollerbag. I'd really rather get directly to the hotel to get rid of it for the day.

Mentioned in this post
Pioneer Square
Pioneer Square
567 Reviews
Seattle, WA
seattle
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Need transportation help

No, not to Pioneer Station. Stay on the Link until the Westlake station and then walk one block south on 3rd Avenue at Pike to catch the 4 or 4 bus. It's a more level and shorter walk than the one from the Pioneer station.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
27,383 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need transportation help

Thanks! Great hint, I never would have known that.

A couple more questions: I know we buy the LINK tickets from the machines at the airport, but do you just pay cash on the buses?

Any suggestions for lunch near (very near) Mopop - Collections Café is probably more/expensive than we want, and McDonalds is too the other direction. Any food trucks hopefully in the area?

Edited: 17 August 2017, 14:51
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
20,032 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need transportation help

There is a food court in the Armory building next to the space needle that has a collection of lots of local restaurants that would fill your lunch needs

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
27,383 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need transportation help

That looks perfect!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,337 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need transportation help

You only pay cash on the buses (unless you have an Orca card) and no change is given.

Edited: 17 August 2017, 16:15
Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
27,383 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need transportation help

I know we usually get a senior discount on the LINK, but I don't think that is an option on the bus. We'll have singles and coins with us.

Reply to: Need transportation help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted