We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

favorite place for mussels?

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
28 reviews
favorite place for mussels?

My friend lives in Lynwood but we will have a car. One of our favorite meal together when I visited was of a bucket of mussels while on San Juan Island a couple of years ago. Not trying to duplicate that, but that was my first taste of them that were creamy, tasty and made me want to try them again. Previous experiences were in cioppino and they were always tough.

Could you mention your favorite places for them- preferable north of Seattle? Although- we will be south for a seahawks game so may be open to other places in that area

And- OK- I'll take recs for chowder as well....

19 replies to this topic
Bellingham...
Level Contributor
4,183 posts
1 review
1. Re: favorite place for mussels?

Place pigalle

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
5,832 posts
49 reviews
2. Re: favorite place for mussels?

In Seattle, Flint Creek Cattle Co does a great job (they have them on happy hour too though the portion isn't big); Taylor Shellfish (the Pioneer Square location is very close to the stadium); Rockcreek; Ray's Boathouse has them on their bar/HH menu and the bar also has a great view. North of Seattle...Anthony's is a local chain that turns out fairly solid food, so I think they'd be a pretty good bet. Arnie's in Edmonds is similar--it's certainly not the hippest place, but I went there recently on a family dinner and was surprised that the food was pretty good.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,861 posts
102 reviews
3. Re: favorite place for mussels?

I would try for Anthony's in Everett on the waterfront. Arnie's is good, but the atmosphere hasn't changed in decades. In Snohomish, Andy's Fish House right on the river is good. Extremely casual, but good mussels and really good clam chowder. Our favorite things there are the fish tacos, but we have never had anything even mediocre there, FWIW.

Renton, WA
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
4. Re: favorite place for mussels?

Tillicum Village, as part of the Blake Island tour....they passed out cups full of mussels to the travelers.

Seattle
Level Contributor
6,554 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: favorite place for mussels?

As mentioned, Ray's Boathouse does a good job. But Ivar's at Mukilteo are great too! Both offer great views.

Seattle
Level Contributor
51,353 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: favorite place for mussels?

Since you mention a Seahawks game you could go to Taylor Whellfish in Pioneer Square before the game?

https:/…pioneer-square

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
28 reviews
7. Re: favorite place for mussels?

you guys are awesome- thank you so much! I will share with her and get back to you on where we ended up

seattle
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
1 review
8. Re: favorite place for mussels?

Marche on Bainbridge Island. Lovely mussels and great frites Well worth an excursion there.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
52 posts
19 reviews
9. Re: favorite place for mussels?

If you make it to Belltown, just north of downtown, I love the mussels at Orfeo. They aren’t in broth; they’re brick-oven roasted with a garlicky pesto. Tasty!

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
28 reviews
10. Re: favorite place for mussels?

Andy’s chowder and muscles and were both outstanding!

Reply to: favorite place for mussels?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted