We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel questions/ things to do

Monroe, New Jersey
Level Contributor
96 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel questions/ things to do

Hi we are planning a trip in may.

We are looking into either San Diego or Seattle

Can I please have some suggestions on some hotels downtown?( I am assuming that would be the best place to stay) ideally my budget would be 250-300. I have never been here so I'm not sure of the time we are going if it is a busy time.

We would do the usual things space needle, pike market, maybe the aquarium

Any must sees or suggestions would be appreciated

Best Seller
Seattle CityPASS
365 Reviews
from US$89.00*
Mt. Rainier Day Trip from Seattle
268 Reviews
from US$134.99*
Best Seller
Seattle Locks Cruise
256 Reviews
from US$46.79*
9 replies to this topic
Bellingham...
Level Contributor
4,101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel questions/ things to do

It all depends on what dates.

But to get an idea, enter your dates into something like booking.com, and see what pops up. I think your budget may low for May; cruise season jacks up prices quite a bit.

But I entered a random Monday, and both Fairmount Olympic and Mayflower Park popped up for 270ish. Both excellent. So I’d start there.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
20,153 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel questions/ things to do

On top right you can read 'where to stay in Seattle' and one day itinerary without a car and that will give you an overview of downtown and things to do.

Seattle
Level Contributor
50,646 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel questions/ things to do

For hotels I suggest: The Mayflower Park Hotel, The Warwick, Hotel Andra, Alexis Hotel, Roosevelt, Hotel Max.

Renton, WA
Level Contributor
5,010 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel questions/ things to do

www.visitseattle.org

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
15 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel questions/ things to do

It usually rains a lot in May in Seattle - if you'll mind that, San Diego might be a better alternative.

If you end up going, and the weather is nice I would recommend a ferry ride from downtown Seattle to Bainbridge island, a walk in Winslow on Bainbridge island for ~2h and back with the ferry. Other suggestions: Kerry Park in Queen Anne at dawn/night for great views, Alki Beach, the locks in Ballard, a walk around Green Lake. Space Needle is not worth it imho - too expensive and the views are not much better than Kerry Park.

Seattle
Level Contributor
50,646 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel questions/ things to do

<It usually rains a lot in May in Seattle>

hmmm... well i live here, and i'd disagree... and so does this chart :)

seattleweatherblog.com/rain-stats/…

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
5,578 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel questions/ things to do

Right, Seattle isn't unusually rainy in May. I mean, Seattle on average is rainier than San Diego, but I assume the OP is aware of that , lol.

~ Colleen

Seattle
Level Contributor
50,646 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel questions/ things to do

Yes I agree San Diego generally speaking is a lot less rainy than Seattle! No argument there. Just saying May is not typically a particularly wet month.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
5,578 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel questions/ things to do

Yep. And I echoed you, Suze. I wonder if bogdanbr was speaking in relative terms (Seattle vs SD), but like I said, we can assume the OP gets that bit. ;-)

~ Colleen

Reply to: Hotel questions/ things to do
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted