We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I want to make it a special birthday, got any suggestions?

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
2 posts
Save Topic
I want to make it a special birthday, got any suggestions?

My Friend will be celebrating her 23rd birthday, we are from Canada but will be in Seattle(tueday april 19th), i want to make it a B-day she will never forget, got any ideas

please help!

Switzerland
Level Contributor
605 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I want to make it a special birthday, got any suggestions?

How about having a nice dinner at the Space Needle. It really is nice up there.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I want to make it a special birthday, got any suggestions?

The Space Needle has a great view but really mediocre food..I wouldn't recommend it whatsoever. The best restaurant are El Gaucho (very pricey), Queen City Grill, the Flying Fish--all in Belltown; also Il Bistro at the Market is great.

Seattle
Level Contributor
369 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I want to make it a special birthday, got any suggestions?

Sorry Katgoddess, I have to completely disagree. I think the food at the Space Needle is GREAT! A few years ago I would have agreed it was bad, but they got new people in the restaurant a couple of years ago, and now I go for the food as much as for the view!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I want to make it a special birthday, got any suggestions?

And you are entitled to your opinion:). Having worked in the restaurant business for 10 years, it is not a place I would recommend, though, especially since there are so many restaurants in Seattle with much higher food quality and that provide a better overall experience. JMO, you can take it over leave it.

Lake Stevens...
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I want to make it a special birthday, got any suggestions?

I recently spent a birthday in Seattle and had the best time. I went to the Space Needle for dinner, which you have to do at least once. I thought the food was great (although Im no food critic by any means). The view is unbeatable, the best way to see the city. Another thing that is fun to do is to head to Pioneer Square for a night of partying. They have a combined cover charge of $12 for entrance to 12 bars. That way if you dont like one bar you can move to another, or just bar hop all night long. They are all within walking distance and include everything from Techno Clubs to Sports Bars (most of them are somewhat dance clubish though). I would however reccommend getting a taxi out of Pinoeer Square as soon as the bars close, it can get dangerous late at night. However if you are smart about your surroundings and stay in the main areas you will be just fine. If you like the college scene the U District and Fremot are always full of Soroity girls and Frat boys combing the streets into the wee hours. If eclectic funky bars with live music are what you want I would suggest Capitol Hill, but expect to see some harmless but interesting/unique characters up there. Have fun!

Level Contributor
34,971 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I want to make it a special birthday, got any suggestions?

We also enjoyed the Flying Fish in Seattle. I also like the Tom Douglas places. Dahlia Lounge was very good, but I've also heard good things about his latest place, LOLA.

When we visit Seattle, I really want to try Rovers or Union. Have you considered seeing Teatro Zinzanni? Tom Douglas caters this event. Cheers!