We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local golf courses

Bracebridge, Ontario
Level Contributor
710 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Local golf courses

I was wondering what golf courses in the Tacoma-Kent-Seattle area do te locals frequent. I am looking for a course that doesn't necessarily have the name recognition but is a decent course with some local flair....any suggestions??

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,007 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local golf courses

Trilogy on Redmond Ridge.

Fox Island...
Level Contributor
610 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local golf courses

I golf the South Sound and Peninsula areas and my favorites are Trophy Lake, Gold Mountain Olympic Course, McCormick Woods, and we have the new Chambers Bay course in University Place opening the middle of June. This new course will be expensive but it is a true links style with water views from every hole. Only the Chambers Bay course is in Tacoma, the others are north on Hwy 16 about 30 min. from Tacoma so may be too far out for you. I just golfed the Newcastle course in Redmond, views on some holes were beautiful but overall I felt the course condition was disappointing. Unfortunately I don't have any courses I really love in the Kent area and I tend to avoid Seattle area because of traffic and overcrowding. Try Trophy Lake, it's worth the drive.

Everett, Washington
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local golf courses

High Cedars in Orting has some very nice views of Mt. Rainier as a distraction and interesting holes along the river. Mature trees and good use of water features. Very pretty course.

In same general area in South Hill part of Puyallup Lipoma Firs also has some great views and very interesting layouts. Three 9-hole courses that play in different combos as three different 18-hole courses.

Bracebridge, Ontario
Level Contributor
710 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Local golf courses

Lipoma firs sounds like it might be up my alley as we are staying in the Puyallup area, but if time permits I may have to try one or two of the others also.....thanks everyone!!

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,007 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Local golf courses

Gosh, what a morbid name for a golf course, Lipoma Firs. Anyone know what it means or its source besides medically?

6. Re: Local golf courses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 June 2009, 02:05
7. Re: Local golf courses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2009, 05:31