We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seattle beer breweries

Saugerties. NY
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Seattle beer breweries

My son-in-law is a big micro-brew beer fan and while we're in Seattle he would like to check out the local scene.

Unfortunately, we're only there for 1 full day ( a Saturday.)

We'll have no car , but staying right near Pike's. What are the chances he can find a tour or something?

Thanks for any input!!

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Seattle Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Road Dog Tours - Seattle Distillery Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Distillery Tours
Escapades Northwest
Day Trips, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
28,295 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Seattle beer breweries

The Pike Brewery right there at the Market is very good. Not sure if they do tours, but you could give them a call.

There are some great breweries here, but without a car Pike makes the most sense. Most bars here have a great selection of NW beers on tap so to try alot of the local beers he wont have to go to each brewery since he only has a day.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,850 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seattle beer breweries

you could take a bus to the last stop in the free bus zone and walk towards Safeco Field. Across the street is Pyramid Ale. If there isn't a free tour they do a sample deal with 6 or so beers to try out. Thats also on 1st ave same as the Market.

Mentioned in this post
Safeco Field
Safeco Field
3,714 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Saugerties. NY
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seattle beer breweries

Thank you for your advice.

If he was to rent a car for the day, would that open up a lot more options??

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
28,295 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Seattle beer breweries

Here are a few within about a 10-15 minute drive from Pike Place Market.

Pike

Pyramid

Elysian

Maritime Pacific

Hales Ales

Elliott Bay Brewing Co

Mentioned in this post
Pike Place Market
Pike Place Market
17,438 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Saugerties. NY
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seattle beer breweries

Great! I appreciate your suggestions a lot. Thanks much.

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
540 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Seattle beer breweries

Don't forget the McMennamins...one in Fremont (Dad Watsons), one at Seattle Center/Lower Queen Ann, my personal fav, on Capitol Hill(The Six Arms).

Mentioned in this post
Fremont
Fremont
279 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Seattle Center
Seattle Center
1,277 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Capitol Hill
Capitol Hill
147 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seattle beer breweries

Hales is in the Fremont neighborhood. www.halesales.com Maritime Pacific is in the Ballard neighborhood. maritimebrewery.citysearch.com. Each is about a 1/2 hour from downtown by bus. Elysian and Pyramid have locations by the Stadium (I believe this is the 3rd location for Elysian). www.pyramidbrew.com, www.elysianbrewing.com See also, …nwsource.com/html/…2003443411_cicero24.html

Your son in law will probably have to choose one way or the other in the interest of time.

There is also a great beer bar in Fremont called Brouwer's. www.brouwerscafe.com. They have a very large selection of tap beers, with an amazing selection of NW brews. You could combine a trip to Maritime, Hales and Brouwer's.

Check out NW Brewing News for more ideas and info. www.brewingnews.com. Also www.nwbrewpage.com

Mentioned in this post
Fremont
Fremont
279 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Saugerties. NY
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seattle beer breweries

Thank you all for your suggestions. My son-in-law has a couple in particular that he's looking at. What do you know about either

Bottleworks Bier Bar on N.35 St or

Hop Vine Public House on 15 Ave East

We have no idea about their geography in relation to where we'll be staying (right near Pike's), so public transportation or a cab may be necessary??

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
28,295 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Seattle beer breweries

Both places are bars that have lots of northwest beers on tap, not unlike alot of other bars here in Seattle.

Neither makes their own beers like all of the suggestions posted already, which I think we all thought you were asking about with your initial post.

Bottleworks is a store with a great selection of beer, the owners own the Pub in Freemont on 35th that you are referring to it is actually called Brouwers.

So if he wants a bar with a large selection of beers both will do, again so will about a thousand other bars in Seattle.

If he wants a microbrewery where the place makes its owm beer stay with those spots that we have already mentioned.

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Saugerties. NY
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Seattle beer breweries

Thanks goodbeer. I thought his interest was more in the brewing dept, but evidently I was mistaken.