We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Washington state 2 day trip ideas

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Washington state 2 day trip ideas

Will be arriving in Seattle on Sat. 8/11 and plan on spending 2 days there. Will be doing a day trip on Monday 8/13 and checking out Tuesday after getting a rental car. Would like to spend 2 days driving, love to hike and enjoy the ocean. Can you recommend an itinerary? On Thursday morning we plan to take the Clipper and spend the nite in Victoria (would like to do a whale watch while there). Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
538 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Washington state 2 day trip ideas

I would head south, check out Mt Rainer, then head west out to the coast and make your way up the Olympic Penninsula...you can hit the beach, the rain forest, Hurricane Ridge, Hot Springs, Neah Bay...lots of possibilities. Overnight in LaPush or somewhere near there. Then instead of going all the way back to Seattle, take the ferry to Victoria from Port Townsend.

Philadelphia
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Washington state 2 day trip ideas

Thank you for your suggestion.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Washington state 2 day trip ideas

A question, comments and a correction. Question: Where/what is your day trip? Comments: Choose either Mt. Rainier (beautiful, perhaps Spring flowers, nice trails - if intact after the devastating storms, but some will be) or Mt. St. Helens, (current geology exceptionally well presented). Agree also about Hurricane Ridge. If you like to take a breath, unsure you will want to take the time to circle the Olympic Peninsula. I would stay elsewhere than La Push. Agree about departing for Victoria but from (Correction) Pt. Angeles, not Pt. Townsend. If at Hurricane Ridge, Pt. Angeles is at the base.

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
538 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Washington state 2 day trip ideas

Oops...guess I should stick to my own ferries....see what happens when I stray from my little island ;-)

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Washington state 2 day trip ideas

You aren't alone re: the ferries... I have to keep reminding myself that the Pt. Townsend ferry goes to Whidbey Island, and has no ferry to Victoria; that's Pt. Angeles. To avoid confusion, perhaps the ferry system should add one between Pt. Townsend and Victoria :)

Philadelphia
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Washington state 2 day trip ideas

On Monday, we plan on taking a day trip to Mt. Rainier. Thanks to you, we are going to take the ferry from Port Angeles to Victoria on Thursday morning.

On Tues. morning we are going to take the Bainbridge ferry, drive to the Hoh rainforest, spend the nite at the Quillayute River resort and then drive to Hurricane Ridge, spend the nite at Port Angeles and get up the next morning to go to Victoria.

If anyone can recommend a good whale watch from Victoria, I would appreciate it. Also there is a rafting trip at the Hoh river, has anyone ever done that?

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Washington state 2 day trip ideas

Yes, I did the rafting trip on the Hoh a couple years ago with Olympic Raft & Kayak--I actually did it in an inflatable kayak which was a blast!

I've gone whale watching with Seacoast Expeditions in Victoria and thought they did a good job. They have both zodiacs and a covered boat option.

8. Re: Washington state 2 day trip ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 17:21