We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good vegetarian places in Seattle?

southern Germany
Level Contributor
985 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Good vegetarian places in Seattle?

Please help me with informations for lunch and dinner.

Thank you!

Greetings from Germany

Q.

Tucson, AZ
Level Contributor
442 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good vegetarian places in Seattle?

You might want to look at this website: http://www.vegseattle.com/r-veg.shtml. Unfortunately, you can't filter the list by location, but you will probably want those in the Downtown, Queen Anne or International District areas. One website that does allow filtering by location and cuisine type is http://www.nwsource.com/restaurants/. Also, most of the nicer restaurants will have some vegetarian options on the menu. For example, Lark's veg menu can be found at http://larkseattle.com/menuveggie.html.

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,712 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good vegetarian places in Seattle?

Cafe Flora on Madison is 100% vegetarian and an excellent restaurant. If you don't have a car you could go by bus or taxi from downtown. It's right on the #11 bus line and would take ~1/2 hour by bus or 15 mins by car.

It's located in a residential neighborhood near the Arboretum (a large park in Seattle).

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
24,908 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Good vegetarian places in Seattle?

Ive heard that Carmelitas's on Greenwood is very good too.

southern Germany
Level Contributor
985 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good vegetarian places in Seattle?

Ok, thank you. Flora and Carmelitas have great menues!!

Greeting,Q.

Seattle area
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good vegetarian places in Seattle?

Gruesse!

Do you like Chinese food? If you are near the Seattle Center (Space Needle, Science Center, EMP), then a totally vegan restaurant that my vegan son goes to is the Bamboo Garden, located at 364 Roy St. across the street on the north side of the center.

Go to

www.bamboogarden.net for their menu, which is an interesting read.

Someday I will post for vegetarian possibilities in Germany when I visit with my son...

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,712 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good vegetarian places in Seattle?

That reminds me, there is a similar place in my own neighborhood, Teapot Vegetarian restaurant on 15th Ave East (at Harrison) on Capitol Hill.

Tucson, AZ
Level Contributor
442 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good vegetarian places in Seattle?

You may want to read this review of the Sunlight Cafe at seattleweekly.com/2007-05-16/food/sunlight-c…

southern Germany
Level Contributor
985 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good vegetarian places in Seattle?

Yummy and mouthwatering! Enjoyed reading about the Sunlight cafe,too.!!

Yes, I like chinese, but sun is not wild about it.

It is hard to find veg. or vegan "only" places in Germany outside the big cities, but in good restaurants you usually have some vegetarian options beside meat and fish dishes.

Thanks to everybody.

Q.

washington
Level Contributor
187 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good vegetarian places in Seattle?

Hi Q,

If you like dim sum, you have to go to vegetarian bistro in china town. It is pure veg food and it is soooo good. Plus it is extremely hard to fine vegetarian dim sum restaurant. It would be fun for you.

I also second Carmelita. It is northwest local seasonal cuisine. Their food has changed a little bit since the chef left couple years ago. It used to be very complex taste and creative ingredients. It's not the same but still the best of all i think.

Cafe flora is very nice and not too complicated. It's more international fusion food. It's also great brunch spot.

IMO, these are the top three veg places in Seattle. Happy dining:)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good vegetarian places in Seattle?

I just wanted to chime in and cast my vote for Cafe Flora, too--delicious food!! (And I'm not a vegetarian).