We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spirit Of Washington

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston
Level Contributor
176 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Spirit Of Washington

Im interested in having dinner on the train when I visit in May.We are staying d/t. Any ideas on the best way to get to the depot.Is it very far from d/t? Thanks for any ideas.Dot

Lake Stevens...
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spirit Of Washington

The Spirit Of Washington Dinner Train is quite a ways from downtown Seattle. Its probably about a 20 minute drive, longer if there's traffic. You could take a taxi, but my guess is it would cost upwards of $35. I'm not aware of any shuttles that go there so that might be your only option. However if you do go on the train it is my advice to spring for the dome seating. The regular seating is on the first level and a lot of the track is in a trench that reaches up to the bottome of the first level. If you choose the dome you get to sit on the top level of the car with a dome window surrounding you. You get beautiful views of Lake Washington and can see all the sights you came for. I also do not recommend the murder mystery train. It sounds fun, but I think its just a distraction from the great food, wine and beautiful scenery. Dome seating is the way to get your money's worth. Have fun!

Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spirit Of Washington

Hi Dal... Check this sight out: argosycruises.com/themecruises/default.cfm

Dinner you will not soon forget:) I did this dinner cruise a few years back and had soooooooo much fun...what a way to see Seattle...gazing at the Seattle City/Sea Scape at night when you return back to the pier is priceless. For what you experience on the dinner cruise....the price is right! Have Fun!!

Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spirit Of Washington

Also....chances are the Hotel you are staying at will get you down to the waterfront & back free of charge (remember tip) For this popular dinner cruise.

Houston
Level Contributor
176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spirit Of Washington

hey,thanks for your replys! Going to check out that site now,Thanks again,Dot

Seattle
Level Contributor
348 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spirit Of Washington

Actually, it's very easy (and cheap) to get from Seattle to Renton (where the dinner trains starts) on the bus. I'm not sure the address for the dinner train station, and don't know exactly where you're at in downtown Seattle, but the bus website should help you figure out how to get where you want to go.

http://transit.metrokc.gov/

Houston
Level Contributor
176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spirit Of Washington

thanks for the bus info..maybe take the bus over and a cab back if the bus lines dont run late.Will check their site.Dot

Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Spirit Of Washington

My dear friend Blackstone is proud to be the official Limousine of the Spirit of Washington Dinner Train. Call them Toll Free at 877-547-7743 and discover the benefits of taking a Town Car or Limousine to your night of adventure and fine dining.

Spirit of Washington Special Limousine Rates*

Type of Vehicle for Round Trip

Fridays and Saturdays All Other Nights

Sedan for up to 4 $125 $125

Stretch Limousine for up to 10 $299 $249

Also there used to be motorcoach tours from Seattle, check with the hotel concierge for information, it appears ASI and Grayline are no longer offering the tour

Houston
Level Contributor
176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spirit Of Washington

Thanks I had already considered the limo,but not sure I want to pay those prices for 2 ppl...